Monday, November 09, 2009

sharing

I'm sure hanging things on walls isn't a big deal to anyone else in the world, but it's a pretty big deal to me. Each little hole in the wall is like a tiny commitment to staying put.

I'm always envious of those people who find awesome things at Goodwill. There is a great Salvation Army just around the corner from me. I've tried many a time to score some hidden treasure there. I walk in with a positive attitude, hoping the junk gods will smile upon me and I always walk out disappointed. One day, I went in and did the giddy laugh over this giant card catalog, Pottery Barn looking massive piece of furniture. I would have bought a burro to get the thing home. Unfortunately, it had a SOLD sign on it. The blue desk was my consolation prize.

In reality, everything on the wall is neurotically straight. I'm not sure when I became so anal about things being level, but I suspect it's one of those things that Sean brought into our marriage that has since rubbed off on me. Here it is, one less blank wall in our house: Another little thing. Titus is outgrowing this shirt. It still has length on the sleeves, but his little belly is starting to hang out the bottom. :) I took the first picture in September. It's straight out of the camera, no editting. The second picture I took today. It is also uneditted, but I used my speedlight. What a blessed little tool. Same kid, same room, same time of day. He's trimmed down some. Hm.
That's about it. Sean just started nights, so I imagine my blogging will pick up. Sean does so much around here, especially when it comes to dinner and bedtime with the kiddos. I am not looking forward to bath/bedtime X3. :/

6 comments:

Corey said...

cute, cute, cute. I don't know how you stand it. That little boy is heart meltingly adorable. Well they all are! But babies are extra. :)
LOVE the cute blue desk! now I'm regretting not picking up the little school desk I saw at Good Will a few weeks ago. I'm not good with junk finds either.
Hope the night shift treats you (and the boys) well.

Cheryl Wray said...

They are such cutie pies!!!!

And I love your wall hanging and the desk.

Kimberly White said...

I think the blue desk is awesome! I don't like it when Matt works nights either ... putting boys to bed without the daddy being their SUCKS! Hope you have a great day!
Kim

hippo chick said...

My thoughts are with you with Sean working nights. I know I wouldn't like that. I really like my evenings with Jim and that was especially true when the girls were little.

~hippo hugs~

beth said...

hello.
it has been forever since we've chatted.
i like your finds, by the way.
miss you and hope to chat soon.

Jude said...

oh my... i am liking that speed lite!