Friday, December 04, 2009

the jingle hop has begun

I'm finally feelin' it. Christmas is coming and I am excited. I missed my alarm this morning. It didn't snow even a single flake, but I still didn't know if school was canceled. I mean, the sky was grey, so...Lucky for Simon, they didn't cancel Career Day. They got to dress up as what they want to be when they grow up. It was either Batman or a Fighter Pilot.

After dropping him off, Feefs and I jumped into some sugar cookie dough I mixed up last night. We rolled and cut, rolled and cut, rolled and cut the morning away.

After that, I started and finished four special projects for one very special person. I'm pretty happy with how they turned out.

Simon came home with this today. I love kid art.
:) Thinking
We waited on Simon to decorate the cookies. They sprinkled.
The rest of the pictures are from the past couple of days.
His cheeks are nice and rosy and comfy cozy is he:
Playing peek-a-boo with my camera strap{courtesy of this chick}.

Felix found a "diamond" on the floor at Hobby Lobby the other day. He has been carrying it around with him for four solid days. As he was climbing into the car with it, though, he dropped it. As I was on my knees in my good jeans, in the freezing cold, trying to reach it, I smiled. Only a mother...I really think their ought to be sashes for mothers. We could earn badges and such for the things we do. Take Girl Scouts to a whole new level.
The diamond hooked into an ornament hook:

Lastly, Sean got bored the other day and decided Simon needs his own email address. It's cute. He writes his teacher. He wrote my dad, too. All by himself. Right before bedtime. It took for-ever. I can't believe he knows how to type as well as he does, even using the shift key properly for punctuation and caps. Crazy.


An email from my dad:
Hi, Simon!! I’m really looking forward to seeing all of you guys, too!! How is school going? Do you like it? What’s the girl situation? Remember! They ALL have kooties, so watch out!!

Are you taking care of Titus? How about Felix? I hope you two aren’t fighting too much. I attaching a picture of my new plane that I painted. I hope you like green.

See you soon!!

Granpa


Simon's reply:


I love it grandpa and I do like the color green. How is grandma doing? I love you grandma. I hope you are looking ford to seeing Me!

It might snow tonight!

7 comments:

beth said...

love the camera strap photo.
and the cookies are making me hungry.
and can i have simon's email?
and
and
and

Corey said...

cute pictures! I'm glad you're getting into Christmas. I'm still struggling over here. LOVE Simon's emails! Maybe Jake should send him an email. He still talks about the magic tricks at dinner when you guys where here. :)

nicole said...

love the sugar cookie photo :)
..already looking forward to baking next weekend too - for me also, christmas is not christmas without baking - and especially sugar cookies.

and simon's email is cute! it is crazy what they learn so quickly with computers being around them from day 1!

Jude said...

ok, love all the pics, and you need to send me Simon's email address... Lincoln has one too. It would be awesome to see them e-mailing eachother!! :)

Kimberly White said...

Glad the "blizzard" didn't happen for you (it sure did for us!) Great pics! Kim

Brown English Muffin said...

ok while those pictures are cute and all...I nearly cried reading the email exchange...you'd think he was my boy...how simply adorable.

Allison said...

I like the 'thinking' picture. :) Gosh, they're cute! Chris just moved all of his RC plane stuff to the garage to be with the real plane he has in pieces out there. A chair fell off of a nail and completely smashed 2 of his RC planes in one whack. Tragic.