Thursday, January 21, 2010

I love it!

I love it when days fly by. I have been going non-stop since 6:45 am and it has been wonderful. To top it all off, I got to talk to Sean again! Well, IM, not talk talk. I told him we have to stop meeting that way. It's wierd getting all giddy over his typed words. Like I have a secret internet boyfriend or something.

I love that that boy still makes me blush, even after all these years. We sent him his first box this afternoon. I already have another one half way full. I fear the Post Office is going to be a frequent hang out for us over the coming months.

Simon wanted to stick a quick note into the box. I took a picture of it on my phone, but I can't get it off my phone. Dang technology.

It said: "Hi Daddy. Can you send a postecard to us with all of your gear on with your gun on? I am takeing good care of the fore guys in the house. Titus is bigger then he was when you were here. I dident want you to go! into war. Mommy said you were ok. That wold be cool if a bear atakt you and you shot the bear with your gun. Love, Simon and Felix and Mommy and Titus."

The only thing that got me choked up was the exclamation mark, with the added explanation of "into war."

Things were really good today. I talked to my brother for the first time in over a year. I got to see my friend and her lil baby bump. I passed along Titus' swing and wasn't really all that sad about it. I made a new friend. I got tv back. I won't lie, the TV is my friend. I had lunch with another friend while the satellite was being hooked up. Then she invited me for dinner where she fed us real Chinese food. The kids gobbled it down. Titus ate almost as much as the two big ones.

She gave me chop sticks to eat noodles and broth with. I didn't want to be rude and request a fork. She was laughing at me so hard. She wouldn't let me feed Titus. She fed him an entire bowl of slippery noodles so I could eat. She is a true friend.

I never could've imagined people rallying like they have. I feel like I say "thank you" so much that people don't really hear it. I am so so thankful. I smile all the time thinking about the things people have said and ways that you all have shown you care. I am humbled and filled with peace by the outpouring of support. It makes me want to cry knowing that you guys have cried over lil ole me and the Man. I guess the only way to really show my appreciation is to pay it back or pay it forward when the opportunity comes for me to do so.

We're tough. We are doing this thang. I mean, keep praying for us and all, but know that we are a-ok. :)

5 comments:

Corey said...

Your comments are back on!!
glad you guys had a good day. I'm glad everyone is keeping you busy :)

hippo chick said...

I've been keeping up with you and praying for you all. Glad we can comment again as I want to encourage you all I can.

How long is this deployment? You are a really brave chica.

~hippo hugs~

Jen said...

Hey Chrissy,
I have read 2 or three of your latest blogs and they always make me tear-up. I don't know how you do it, but you have a peace and a handle on life that I wish I knew how to master. You are a great mother, a great wife, a fantastic writer and a generally good human being. I only wish you were still close. Give the boys hugs for me even though they probably have NO idea who I am and give yourself one from me too. I think of you often and thank God for your spirit and selfishly pray that some of it may be sprinkled on me. Take care of yourself in addition to the boys. Hope to hear from you soon.

Jen

hsarmiento said...

Glad you all had a nice day!! Now, I'm hungry for Chinese!

Lincoln said...

So glad the days are going fast. :) I love the note! We are working on a box too!! :)