Thursday, January 28, 2010

some layouts

Some deployment layouts. I usually don't scrap stuff right away, but I wanted to get these thoughts down while they're all fresh and painful.  

This one was fun to do. I haven't done a challenge in a long, long time. I was browsing Scrapjacked for some inspiration and decided to play along this time. This isn't really my style, so it was fun to step outside the box. The title, that's what people keep saying. I grew up in the military and the war still seemed pretty far away. Not now. When you can go beyond just putting a name/face with a soldier, the war becomes personal.




The rest of these are pretty self explanatory. 

8 comments:

Pink Heather said...

Love your layouts. That's great that you did them right away while it's still fresh. Sorry it's so hard :(

Corey said...

i love them all :)

Tara Norman said...

They are beautiful and sad. Glad to see you are still being creative during all of this.

Kimberly White said...

Chrissy ... what beautiful art. Praying Psalm 91 for you guys and Sean. Love ya! Kim

Safo said...

i love this

Safo xoxo

Jude said...

i ♥ them all :)

nicole said...

such great los chrissy!!!
can't wait to see more.

Beth said...

I am so glad you had fun stepping outside the box. You sure make it look good!
thanks for playing with us at SJ!
B