Thursday, March 04, 2010

before I forget

just how awesome today was, I need to jot it all down.

The Feefs and I got to go on a date today, just the two of us. It was awesome. The park and being the sole patrons of Chuck E Cheese makes a happy mama and a super stoked four year old. As he was feeding his tickets into the counter, he said to himself, "I just had so much fun. I want to win some more games!" Me too, Bud. I love having boys. I doubt many four year old girls would have anything to do with the Jeep game that lets you shoot at giant spiders with machine guns. I doubt many older than four would want to either, but I did it. Twice. For him. Commenting all the while that that game seemed a bit violent for CEC.

Moving on. We went to Costco to round out our date. As we were on our way to stand in the incredibly long line to wait an incredibly long time for one item, my friends number popped up on my phone.

Lisa. Where do I begin? Lisa was one of my very best friends throughout high school. I got in so much trouble with that girl...Pretty much every time I got grounded in high school, it had to do with something I did with her. She never got grounded. Never.

Every life story I have that involves Lisa is just crazy coincidental. Like getting in a car wreck our Junior year in separate cars. Her boyfriend at the time pulled out in front of my boyfriend at the time and boom. Crazy coincidence as we were supposed to be together at an N'Sync concert, the two of us, without the boys. We ditched each other to be with two losers at two different locations and just happened to run into each other. Wierd, huh?

Lisa's other major coincidence is her husband. His name is Ernie{like her Dad and brother}. Let me skip ahead to this part: I have never met Ernie. I cried the day he deployed, though. I wear a bracelet that reminds me to pray for him. I have a picture of him on my refrigerator. My kids know who I mean when we talk about him. He's just there, part of our everyday conversation.

We found out after Sean deployed that the two of them are only about 30 minutes apart by helicopter. We thought that was awesome. It made the world not seem so huge. Ernie is a Marine, Sean an Airman. Sean's not even on an American base, so it seemed cool that eventually their paths might cross.

So Lisa called this morning, "Guess who I talked to?" I thought she meant my sister or maybe some other mutual acquaintance. "Sean." I was like..."Huh? Sean? My Sean?"

A situation at hand allowed her Ernie to walk up to my Sean on the flightline and say, "Lieutenant Amport. You don't know me but..." Together, they called Lisa and just like that the whole world got a little smaller. How crazy would it be to see the whole picture? To be able to go back and tell those giggly little 15 year olds that one day their husbands would meet in Afghanistan?

There are some coincidences in this life that are just too huge to be anything other than God.

11 comments:

Lisa said...

I always enjoy reading your posts, and this one is just great! And just for the record, I probably didn't get grounded cause I didn't get caught! haha. That was an awesome coincidence for sure. I can't wait to see the picture and tag you in it!

Corey said...

how neat! it's like the world gets smaller and smaller all the time. What a cool story.
And what a great day for you and Felix...I bet I have an almost 4 yr old girl who would probably very much like a machine gun game :) At least for a minute or too...then she'd run and find something with a horse on it.

Melissa said...

Words cannot describe the feelings I have after reading this post. What an amazing story....

Kimberly White said...

Hooray for wonderful days! Hope today is even better!
Kim

Brown English Muffin said...

oh wow...I promise it's tears of joy in my eyes right now. How coincidental, no nothing is coincidence it's all god.

Dettao said...

Great story. I with Corey. My girls would definitely like shooting spiders. And, since they have a Daddy, they were taught and encouraged in some pretty unlady like things in their youth. (rolling my eyes here)

Allie said...

Awww... I'm all teary! That's so cool! My coworker was telling me last week about how her 2 cousins saw each other while deployed... and hadn't seen each other for 3 years before that! Nutso. Sounds like a fun date. ;)

hippo chick said...

What a great, great story. Doesn't it just make you want to drop to your knees and thank God for his hand in your life. What love is this?

~hippo hugs~

Is your mom still with you?

caro said...

Amazing story!

nicole said...

what an amazing story! so much bigger than us always in play.

hsarmiento said...

Awesome story!!