Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Camp Bullis

This bus stop is the greatest thing about it. Well, that and the clinic. In their defense, we've only seen a small portion of the Post. We go to Camp Bullis a lot. A LOT a lot. Every time, I forget my camera. Not today! Thanks to the Pioneer Woman actions, this sucker is going on the wall. I love it.    

My Feefs, strep throat and all, was willing to pose. Poor kid got knocked down yesterday morning with it, but perked right up after some Tylenol. I thought maybe the fever was a fluke since he was so full of energy. He fell asleep around lunchtime and I knew he wasn't okay. He doesn't get sick often, but when he does, he goes down like a sack of hammers.

After the Feefs was checked out, we had to pick Simon up from school. Long story short, he has to have tubes. Again. Luckily, we get to go in Monday for the anesthesia chat. Then Tuesday to have the Audiologist run the same test she ran back in November. And finally, Wednesday for the actual placement of the tubes.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that he doesn't catch Felix's strep or that's gonna throw a wrench right in the middle of those plans.

All these tool analogies. I'm like Handy Manny up in here. Maybe I'll go build something. I have gotten quite resourseful in Sean's absence. I built a table for the kids, with two wooden toy caddies underneath. Ok, I didn't build it like Gepetto-style or anything. I pulled it out of the box and made sense of the English/Spanish/French/Portuguese/Pig Latin directions and somehow made the thing functional. I also put together a water table and the hardest toy EVER...a Cozy Coupe. I may have cussed while building that one. I've hung up oodles of things on the walls and punctured many a hole while doing so. I have actually bought the spackling+textured paint, so...I may get to that.

Now I'm just rambling. I'm off to dig through the obscene amount of candy my MIL&SIL sent me. I mean, me and the boys. Nothing like coming home to four giant boxes stacked on the front porch. I love happy mail days!

8 comments:

Corey said...

Poor Felix! And Simon! And you! Hope everything goes well with the tubes. Why haven't I dowloaded these actions yet??? These pics are fantastic!

Tara Norman said...

We've got to get you set up on Twitter. I follow PW on twitter. She is a lot of fun to follow :) Get your kids well so they can come play Sunday!

nikih said...

LOL!! Can't stop laughing! You are so funny. Sorry the kids are sick. I felt the urge to call you back this afternoon, but didn't..now I wish I did. Tubes Wednesday? And Strep? Your big sister should be there :(

beth said...

poor f.
poor s.
poor you.
hope t doesn't get it.
cool photos.
must get those actions downloaded this weekend. get ready for phone calls if i have problems. :)

beth said...

oh, just give f some pop and he'll feel better.

Kimberly White said...

Hooray for happy mail! Hoping everyone starts feeling better soon! And that picture rocks! Have a great day my friend!
Kim

nicole said...

love that first photo chrissy! i need to look into those actions also!!
we are also dealing with a bug here - not sure if it is strep yet but three sore throats - yuck! hope you are all feeling better soon.

Jude said...

love the pic, sorry feefs is sick! :(