Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

1. I took a bazillion pictures of this kid yesterday.
Morning:
Noon:
and Night:

2. Today makes 13 weeks without Sean. I actually couldn't remember what week we're on and had to go back and check my Facebook page where a friend{hi, Christine!} reminds me every Tuesday. 13 weeks in real life is 91 days. 13 weeks in this life is for-like-ever. Seriously. If you've ever even thought the thought, "Six months. That's not that bad." in relation to being without your husband I encourage you to step up and try it.

3. Titus' birthday party was my last thing to look forward to. In the beginning there were visitors slotted, parties to plan, trips to take. Now it's just the end date, which we still don't have. I plan to come up with some things to put on the calendar to look forward to, but for today, I'm just sitting around feeling sorry for myself.

4. We made this the other day. Actually, he made it all by himself. My idea, his execution. I love it. It's resting on top of my big flag. When I took the first picture, I said, "Aren't you happy about what you made?" Then I got the smile that makes me think he looks just like his Dad.


5. I can't figure out why the media hates the Tea Party movement. They are against high taxes, how can anyone be against higher taxes? This is an interesting story and I can't wait to see how the media spins it. I think it's fabulous that they plan to say racist things to make the Tea Partiers look racist. Huh? They want to portray them as homophobes, so they are going to bash gay people. WHO are the racist homophobes? Since the Tea Party movement isn't living up to their{the media, the far left, etc} claims as...racist homophobes, they are going to make it appear as such by planting their own people. Now that makes sense.

6. I heart talk radio.

7. I haven't scrapbooked at all since Sean left. Ok, at all might be too strong. I've put together a handfull of pages. I have, however, completed a quilt top and another sewing project that I can't post until the recipent gets it.

8. This guy is an absolute nutcase. We've been working hard on spelling and attempting to read. I can't figure out how to teach him. He's so different from Simon and not eager to learn in the ways I've tried. This morning I actually bribed him to spell something. I said, "Spell pig. PPPPIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGG." really enunciating each sound. He responds, "P..." I clap, "Good, good!" "O-S." "No...Okay, lets spell 'bus.'" "P...O-S." At this point, he was just trying to get a reaction. Which he did. Every time.


9. Titus can hold a crayon like a pro already. I told you, genius. He scribbles like he was born to do just that. I plan to let him go wild on a canvas to hang in his room.

10. My sitter is coming tomorrow so I can go get highlights and a trim. I am very much looking forward to it. Every time I've had a sitter lately, I've gone out with friends. Tomorrow, it's just me. I am actually really looking forward to it.

6 comments:

Kimberly White said...

Happy birthday Mr. T! And sending you a hug ... you are a STRONG woman and I'm proud of you for how you are holding up without Sean being next to you everyday! I know I would miss Matt like crazy. Kim

Christine said...

I always look forward to your blogs, I have even looked in your archives (and cringed at my mullet at your 5th birthday party in the october 2007 blog for your birthday). I seriously think you are very talented. It may seem like it's just your thoughts to you, but you have a gift. :-) Oh, and I will continue to count down each week for you.

Corey said...

I love the pic of T's frowny face. made me laugh out loud. and AWESOME #1 in the background!
2. dude..i think 2 weeks is forEVER when Pete goes on a hunting trip. I can not imagine 13 weeks or 6 months. it IS a long time. Don't let anyone tell you it's not. And you are doing a fantastic job. I know it's hard. But you're doing it. And you will get through it. One day at a time.
Have fun on your day out!!

nicole said...

oh my word that third picture of titus is so cute!!
i'm sure the days get long without sean...can't imagine going through that and am so impressed with how you handle it all!
i heart talk radio too :)
enjoy your time to yourself!!

beth said...

fun photos. glad you the one was still there when you went back.
enjoy the time away tonight.
talk with you soon.

hippo chick said...

When I first read this, I thought @10 said, "My sister is coming tomorrow." Then I thought, "Well, that's something to look forward to." Then I read it again and thought, "DUH! Pamela." Isn't this an fun comment? Don't you love reading what I'm thinking abour you?

I love your pictures. I always do.

I cannot imagine six months alone with my kids (growing up) and no Jim. I was a little nuts by the time he came home from work each day. I do pray for you.

Why don't you get a pedicure while you'r out tomorrow. Treat yourself. And while you're at it, have a Frappicino (sic).


~hippo hugs~