Thursday, May 06, 2010

before I am

...
a scrapbooker
a sew-er
a quilter
a shopper
a grocery getter
a mini van driver
a lawn keeper
an errand runner
a lunch packer
a face wiper
a meal preparer
a letter writer
a package sender
a worrier
a prayer
a Bible reader
a blogger
a facebooker
a general time on the computer waster
a news watcher
a talk radio junkie
a texter
a photographer
a patriot
an acquaintance
an Air Force wife
a neighbor
a friend
a daughter
a sister
an aunt

even before I am a mother and wife,

I am a Christian.

Sometimes all those other things take the focus off of that. They shouldn't. Before anyone is able to judge this book by it's cover, I ought to have that dust jacket removed. Before they see that I am all those other things, they should see the Light shining through me.

I have been forgiven of my sins: Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost.

Not by works. Not by works. Not by works.

Sometimes I feel guilty because I put so much ahead of my prayer time or Bible reading. It isn't something I have to do. I don't have to read the Bible to get to Heaven. I don't have to go to church to get to Heaven. I don't have to take a trip to a third world country. I don't have to repeat some magical prayer that a preacher on a fancy stage says to repeat.

There's nothing anyone can do. It's been done through the death and resurrection of Jesus.

And because of what was done, I should want to do all those things.

Ps 139:23Search me, O God, and know my heart;

test me and know my anxious thoughts.
24See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.

This whole Nat'l Day of Prayer thing kinda bugs me. Are people really surprised? Should it even matter? I could care less if the government does away with a day of prayer. I think all the people that are outraged over the decision should spend more time praying and less time worrying about what the stupid gov't is saying about it.

I can feel a tangent coming on. I'll just wrap it up right here. I just needed to get all that out.

3 comments:

Kimberly White said...

Keep shining my friend =)
Love you! Kim

Corey said...

This is an awesome post! You are one of the brightest lights I know. Thank you for this lovely reminder. I quite often put all that other stuff first and He is more towards the bottom of the list all too often.

hippo chick said...

Great post! God is so faithful...we, not so much.

~hippo hugs~