Sunday, May 09, 2010

lower standards

I don't know when it happened, but I've noticed I have much lower standards than I once did. It's kinda bugging me. I'm not caring as much if people come over when the house isn't spotless. I'm not making an effort to fix things that are only going to be messed up within minutes{read: boys hair}. These pictures are an all time low as far as kids clothing and my hair. I'm not even wearing makeup. Simon was already in his jams and Felix has food on his face. Well, that's always, but still. As far as Titus goes, even McDonald's requires a shirt.

I still like the pictures, even if we do look like garbage.

Oh man. I do look as tired as I feel. Next year, I'm just going to ask for sleep.
I hope everyone had a delightful Mother's Day.

4 comments:

Kimberly White said...

the pictures are wonderful! And I get you about lowering standards ... is it the 3 kid thing maybe? All I wanted for Mother's day was a nap! Happy Mother's day to you!
Kim

Melissa said...

love the pictures....and you know what, it's ok to have lower standards about the house or boys hair (really, it DOES get messed up in seconds, so does GIRLS!!). As long as you LOVE them and take care of them, then they won't remember the messy house later on.

Corey said...

awe! I love these pictures. They are real and not made up. You're a real mom and there's nothing wrong with that!
Hope you had a great Mothers Day

nicole said...

love the pictures chrissy!!
happy mothers day to you!!