Tuesday, June 01, 2010

10 on Tuesday

1. 20 weeks. Thank you, Lord, that I am on this side of 20 weeks.
2. Titus thinks a barking dog is the funniest thing in the entire world.
3. Traveling with kids is just argh. It doesn't surprise me, I expect it. Yet every time, I still feel the need to complain about it. Then again, we've never had a flight cancelled. Nor have we had to spend 7 hours in the car after flying all day.
4. Did you know, if the airlines can't provide you with your bag, they will reimburse you for basic necessities (within reason)? Such an interesting lil tidbit. 
5. My highschool reunion was a lot of fun. The 30 minutes afterwards was the best part. A PhD, a lawyer, a {aspiring}nursing student and a mom walk into a bar...It was actually Starbucks.
6. Sean's Grandpa is still my favorite 88 1/2 year old. I love that man. I miss being able to just drop in and see him whenever I want. Aging is so much more apparent when you only see someone a few times a year.
7. Poor Sean is losing his mind over there. I don't have the words to encourage him, other than, "It's almost over."
8. The best part about being here in Florence: there is a memory on every street, in every store. This town never changes. It sucks for the people that are here, but it's just perfect for us nostalgic ones that got away.
9. Being here is definitely helping the time pass quickly. I can't wait to get home and see that there is less than 30 days left.
10. This breaks my heart. Kids should laugh when they're happy or shout or whoop it up. Kids shouldn't know the emotion of crying they're so happy. It's just not natural.

5 comments:

Corey said...

1. !!! that's exciting!
2. you have to video that!
3. I'm sorry you had to go through that. no fun.
4. i did not know that
5. i didn't go to my 10 year but i can't wait for 20 :)
6. awe!
7. thank goodness it's almost over!
8. that's how i feel about my hometown too
9. wow, less than 30 days?!
10. wow, amazing

beth said...

Happy Tuesday!
Hope you're having fun and that your parties go well.
Miss you.

hippo chick said...

I'm so happy that you are with your family for awhile. You have done such a super job of hanging in there through this separation.

~hippo hugs~

Dr. L said...

#10 has me tearing up at work. You're 100% correct. Something not natural. But it IS good to see their loved ones home safe.

#5. I had a blast too!! It was good to see you. We should seriously think about doing a trip, maybe to the mountains.

Jude said...

i want to hear about this reunion!!!