Tuesday, June 08, 2010

10 on Tuesday

1. 21 weeks down. The excitement is bittersweet. My brain knows this is over soon, but the ache in my gut can't connect. The separation is starting to feel normal and that ain't hot.

2. My kids haven't gone to bed earlier than 10 p.m. since we've been here. Yet, they{SIMON} are up by 7:30 every single morning. Simonster is so scared he's going to miss out on something.

3. Titus is officially a walker. He's all over the place. There's a lot more walking going on than toddling.

4. Titus is forming strong attatchments to his Uncle Mike. If he's around, there is no one else Titus prefers.

5. Co-habitating with animals this week has brought me to the conclusion that there will be no animals joining our family any time soon. Dog food on the floor. Random fleas bouncing to and fro, landing on me. Spying a dog dragging it's tooter on the ground, no thanks.

6. "I feel like I'm MARRied!"-Felix, after giving me a bedtime kiss

7. My sister's BFF from middle school came down this weekend. We had a blast. The Melting Pot is insanely expensive for tiny vittles. Myrtle Beach just isn't anywhere I want to go anymore, but Charleston is still my favorite little place on earth.

8. No matter how exhausted my #1&2 are, they will still have enough energy to bicker.

9. Mosquitoes like Simon. A lot.

10. Obviously, I was out of things to talk about by point #8.

6 comments:

Christine said...

"Spying a dog dragging it's tooter on the ground, no thanks." LOL! I saw that Bible eating Beagle doing just that on Sunday morning. Glad to know it wasn't just a show for me!

Had a blast with you and Niki. I can't wait until we get together again.

Corey said...

do you have a date yet, when Sean will be home?

Kolt and Susannah said...

we did melting pot for my birthday last year, just cheese and chocolate and decided we could totally do it ourselves cheaper, and did! we've been wanting to have another fondue party but it's too much food for 2 people. let's do it!!!

beth said...

it was so good to talk with you today! :)

hippo chick said...

I liked Melting Pot the first time, but not so much the second. Really expensive.

I love the line about "the dog dragging its tooter." You are one crazy kid.

When do you officially become a "short timer?"

~hippo hugs~

Brown English Muffin said...

number 10 was hilarious!!!