Monday, July 19, 2010

Delayed

Sean's homecoming: delayed. I can't say that I'm surprised that there was a major hiccup in his return, but I am disappointed. I have mentally checked out and accidentally got my hopes up. A bit. too. early.

This week, what I thought would be the last week of the deployment, has been the worst. By far. Emotionally and mentally, anyways. I guess I assumed it would be full of excitement.

That said, my prayer has been that God will get him home in His time. Not mine. The delay really doesn't make a bit of sense, so I'm not second guessing that it's anything other than a God thing. I just want him home WHOLE, so if it takes a couple extra days or weeks, so be it.

Watching Army Wives last night was not great for me. Did any of you see it? It's the closest thing to reality as far as the emotions of a wife are concerned. Reading the Facebook comments on their fan page kinda made me roll my eyes, though. A lot of, "I hope they all come home safe!" Um, it's a tv show. If you want to hope for somebody, hope for the real life soldiers.
a random bit of cuteness

I took the mop heads for haircuts today. I've been putting it off. I told them two weeks ago, when I last took them for haircuts, that it would be the last one before Sean got home. This time, I told the barber to take it down to the skin, just in case. He has to be back before they need haircuts again.

5 comments:

Kimberly White said...

Man that's disappointing! Praying for the protection of God for your soldier! (Psalm 91 style) Love you! Kim

hippo chick said...

Once again, "You're amazing!"

~hippo hugs~

stephanie said...

chrissy... I've been keeping up with your blog...just kinda absent in the comments, but whatever that's totally besides the point. I can't even imagine what you must be feeling right now, words can't express it I'm sure... just wanted you to know I think you rock & your strength is inspiring. hang in there!

Corey said...

Gosh, my heart aches for you!! I feel like I kinda know what your going through even though, obviously, I don't. But I do know what it's like to get your hopes up and then have them flushed down the chute. And it must feel about a thousand times worse. BUT you have the right attitude. As much as it may be hard to admit (it would be for me) somehow, someway, this IS Gods plan and it is right.
Praying for your comfort, and Seans safe return! <3 <3 <3

Brown English Muffin said...

At first I wanted to cry for you, I still do, but then I remembered god is in control here and not anyone else.

But I know it doesn't take away the emotional roller coaster you're going through...

And like you said I want him home happy and healthy and by god schedule.