Sunday, July 25, 2010

a one woman circus

"You're up, you're down, you're here, you're there, you're like a frickin' one woman circus."-one of my favorite lines from How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days.

I can quote that whole movie, drives Sean insane. :) Anyways, that's how I'm feeling today. I can't stop smiling. Which leads to giggling and all out bursts of laughter. Which inevitably leads to crying. Happy tears, of course. I have no clue how I'll be when I actually see him.

God help the group of people coming to the airport with me.

Yesterday, I posted a picture of Titus on Facebook for Sean to see while we were chatting. He said, "I can't believe how much I've missed. I feel like somebody has stolen something from me, but I don't know what it is."

Seven months is a long time to miss in a kids life. Titus was still nursing when he left. He couldn't feed himself yet. He only had two tiny sprouts of teeth. He wasn't sleeping through the night consistently and he was still on the baby nap schedule, falling asleep all the time. He only spoke two or three words and he wasn't all that interested in anything else going on in the world unless it directly involved him. He was still in a rear facing car seat! He was in 6-12 month clothes and wearing baby footie jammies. Bald as a cue ball, with soft lil baby skin.
right after Sean left
now
Now he's this monster big kid, wearing 24m clothes, eating everything that isn't nailed down and running through the neighborhood like some kinda bruiser. He's in charge, as far as he's concerned. He sleeps rarely during the day, but goes down to bed like a champ. He talk talk talks constantly. He's working hard on a mullet and has evidence of little boy antics on his knobby little knees in the form of bruises.

Simon was still in the throes of first grade. His top two teeth had just started to reappear. As far as maturity goes, he's still in the same place as far as being a boy, but he helps me out so much. He plays with Titus, he watches Titus when I cook, he entertains him in the car, he feeds him if my hands are full and the beast needs food. He does what I ask him to do a lot more willingly than his younger counterpart. I didn't realize how much he'd changed until I pulled up the pictures. Yikes, he's growing up!
the day before Sean left
now

Of the three, I think Felix is the one that has changed the least. He's grown a TON(he was still in size 4 when Sean left. He skipped straight to 6/7 in the boys dept O_O), but as far as his personality, he's still the same little crazy person he was when Sean left. He did learn to tie his shoes and read some. Other than that, though, he's our tried and true Feefs.
right after Sean left
now
Oh my goodness, how ever did we survive? I am so proud of these little knuckleheads and I can't wait to show them all off to their Daddy.

2 comments:

Corey said...

wow it's amazing all the things that continue to grow and change in what seems like a short period of time. But 7 months is a looooonnngg time, especially in kid years. I'm so happy for you and your family of 5 to be whole again! :)
I love your new blog banner :)

Jude said...

i love these photos... alot :)