Monday, August 23, 2010

ah, school

In theory, Pre-K really shouldn't be a big deal. But knowing that today is the first day of the rest of his life{or at least the next 13 years} almost got me choked up. Especially when he barely glanced back to give me a wave as instructed by his observant teacher who noticed the sheen on my eyeballs. 
Turns out, this one isn't all that excited about school. I asked him what they did and got, "Sat on the stupid carpet and did nothing all day long!" Maybe by next week it'll be exciting to him. He does love his new bookbag that Sean brought back from AfG, complete with a velcro name tape. He also thinks his new kicks{"Kolt shoes"} are pretty rad. I do, too. :)
This guy "can't wait to go to school tomorrow!" The love of his life, Julia, was rezoned. It was a sad day for Mr. Simon to realize he may never see her again. I was very accomodating to his broken little heart. Sean says to him, "Oh well. There's other girls." To which I responded, "She could have been his Chrissy." I can't remember what he said back, but it earned him an, "I'm about to show you who put the bop in the bop she bop she bop!"
Moving on!

Sean is nagging me to come help with dinner like I'm some kinda housewife or something. Geez.

3 comments:

Corey said...

HAha!!
Oh, Felix. Does he know how awesome he is? I just think he's the coolest kid :)
Love Simon's hair cut.

Tara Norman said...

Awe, poor Felix! Poor Simon. Poor mom. Milestones galore going on in this post! Simon looks so grown up and tough guy in that picture! Felix looks totally bummed out! LOL I miss those boys. Let's get together soon!

Jude said...

roflol @ the housewife comment! and hello, who replaced Simon with that man child?!?!?!