Friday, August 20, 2010

stuck

I never blog just to blog anymore. It's like my brain only works in ten point increments when it comes to blogging. That's why Tuesdays seem to work well for me. I've gotten so used to blogging in random, numbered points that I find it hard to just write.

I'm stuck.

It goes well beyond ye old blog.

I had a conversation tonight with a girl I would like to be friends with. I've only spoken with her a handful of times, but she is very kind. She invited me to join a MOPS group. Three kids in to this mom thing and I have never been part of a mom group.

Midway through our conversation, I pulled a Chrissy and stuck my foot in my mouth. I'm sure I'm making it a bigger deal in my head than it actually was, but I was embarrassed by what I said and made it worse by cutting our conversation short.

I would like to be friends with her though, so maybe I will check into this MOPS thing. I've always just assumed those types of groups are a buncha moms sitting around talking about lack of sleep and diaper ointments. I'm too tired for that kinda thing and I figured out a long time ago that Boudreaux's is where it's at.

I'm stuck with the whole friends thing.

Life is starting to get back to normal as far as Sean being home. Maybe I'll actually get to spend time with friends again. For seven months, I didn't have a schedule. If someone was willing to spend time with us, I jumped on the chance. I was always ready to drop everything at any invitation. Now that Sean's home, we're on this slow pace, hang out at home all day kinda schedule and it's kinda making me feel...stuck. I want Sean to want to hang out with friends, but I don't want to force the issue. I want to have a party. I want to have friends over for dinner. I want to go go go, because it's what I'm used to. It's not about just what I want anymore, though. 

Last night was his first back at work. Titus was all kindsa confused. He kept running to the window, "Daddy?" and then running to the front door, banging on it. Anytime and of us mentioned the D word, he was off to the front door. So cute. Kinda sad.

Tonight is Meet the Teacher night. I'm so hoping my kids get good, kind teachers. I really think a teachers disposition can make or break a kids love of learning. We get to do the communal supply dump tonight, too. It's also the night they try and hook volunteers. I am not one of those moms. They try and get ya when you're all high on that new school feeling. No ma'am, I don't do PTA and all that. I really thought I would be one of those moms back in the beginning. I volunteered for something when Simon first started Kindergarten. I learned.

I also learned a lot about what those PTA moms are like. What's scary is that all PTAs are the same, from what I can gather. Yikes. PTA moms are ca-razy. No offense if you're a PTA mom{you may be one of the normal ones...}. Or if you're crazy.

We are off for a breakfast date with some of our favorite people so Sean can sleep. I love night shift. Nothing like trying to keep three boys quiet all. day. long.

1 comment:

Jude said...

aw, i am sure it was not so bad whatever you said... hang in there... or come visit me! LOL :)
go volunteer to read or wipe faces at lunch, fun option, no craziness ;)
love you!!