Monday, September 27, 2010

Week in the Life: day one

Just a few pictures to sum up our day. This toy. It is the bain of my existence, but his favorite thing on the planet. He insists on playing with it 95% of his awake hours.
Don't they look so sweet? Brothers chalk drawing in harmony? Let me tell ya, the wee one's sole purpose in life{other than using a Little Tikes lawn mower to drive me straight up in the nut house} is to destroy any and all drawings created by his brothers. It frustrates them to no end. Felix had a beautifully drawn siren and had just uttered, "Mommy, look at my...TITUSGRRRRRR!" He doesn't destroy it completely, he just cooly, calmly, collectedly walks over and draws one singular line straight through their creation. Paper, concrete, wherever the art may be. Mean. Just plain mean.
I had forgotten how much I looooooooove Blues Monday. To the lay people, that means they have to wear their fancy/polyester duds. Yum. Although, his blue shirt looks a little naked without his rack{the line of rectangular medals that typically sit atop one's left breast pocket}. He has yet to update his records since returning from AfG and refuses to adorn his shirt without the updated rack.

He got a haircut today. I told him to tell the lady to take it to the skin. Yowza it's short.  
The boy with impossibly blue eyes. The driveway is quite the reflector. This is his face as Daddy leaves for work. I don't think I've ever gotten such a face at my departure.
This little punklet got a haircut, too. He looks just a little bit old in this picture. 
I have gobs more pictures from today. Only one or two of my elusive Simon. It was beautiful and we spent most of it outside, hence Simon is literally out of the picture. It's been fun pretending we have a Fall. Even if it is just for an hour or so in the mornings and evenings.

I have lots more to say, but that'll be for my book. I love documenting life. :)

1 comment:

Corey said...

I didn't know you were doing this! very cool. I have been thinking and thinking and thinking about this project a lot lately. I need SOMETHING to put me in a creative mood. But I have not done anything yet ;p
Maybe next week. ;0)