Sunday, September 26, 2010

Yes, Dad

So guess where we went today. Some clues...

little girls with curly curls and patent leather shoes
old men winking at you in the only place that it doesn't come across as creepy
full back rows
one lone old guy on the fourth row that all the children make sure to hug, followed up with a jolly rancher placed smilingly in their hand

and the final hint: butterscotch candy

If you guessed church, you were close. If you guessed BAPTIST church, spot on.

I don't know if it's the one, but we've been hunting since we moved here. Finding a church that is doctrinely sound while still having a heart is tough. There are a lot of mega churches around here, but I don't want to go to a church that's big enough to get lost in, both figuratively and literally. The one giant bonus for this church: I didn't have to give a thumbprint to get my kid back. Swear to you, the last church I went to had a thumbprint scanner.

Anywho, that was my attempt at posting a random something on a day other than Tuesday. Added to that, next time my dad calls, I can respond with an affirmative. We did go to church this week. :)

2 comments:

Corey said...

Hooray for good churches!

Kimberly White said...

Hoping you find the right church!