Tuesday, October 12, 2010

10 on Tuesday

1. My boy is 18 months old today. How is that?



2. This is Kerrie.

Where do I begin? The short version: She was the very first Air Force friend we made. She made us belong. She welcomed us in: to the AF; to San Antonio; to Poker Night. Her friends are now my friends. She was the only person who wears the uniform that was truly there for me during the deployment. She called. She invited. She made sure I was staying sane.

In the beginning, she was just Sean's Co-worker, his Wingman{btw, has a whole different meaning in the Air Force than it does at the bar}. Throughout the deployment, I felt she became more mine. My friend.

Now it's her turn to deploy. The thought makes me so sad. I took some family pics for her this weekend. I am not happy with them. I got a few good ones. All of my ideas came to me after the fact. I am going to redo their pictures SOON! One of the keepers:

3. Our friend, Kolt, was promoted to 1LT today. Promotion ceremonies give me such a sense of belonging. Congrats Harris Family!
4. I'm on Goodreads.com now. Pretty insignificant, but I'm running out of points.
5. Blogger has changed their picture upload process. Again. The joys!

6. Felix and his Legos. He's such the artist with his little colored blocks. Care to guess what this is?


it's a humpback whale. I know, right? Genius.

7. So far, 28 feels an awful lot like 27. I wasn't mad in the picture, just aggravated with mirror pictures by this point. My curls were so un-frizzy yesterday, I felt they deserved a spot in my post.


8. The dangers of fluoride in drinking water. Just google it.

9. In our age there is no such thing as 'keeping out of politics.' All issues are political issues, and politics itself is a mass of lies, evasions, folly, hatred and schizophrenia. -George Orwell

10. What are your kids going to be for Halloween? I want to go all homemade. Felix wants to be an eyeball. I'm trying to talk Simon into being a pirate and I'm thinking a robot for Mr. T as he still doesn't have enough hair to be Mr. T.

3 comments:

Corey said...

10.Oh my gosh, but he'd be SO cute as Mr T! LOL!! My kids are going to be Tinkerbell and a pirate ;)
9. so true
8. you are frightening me with all these 'google it' things! ;p
7. you have super cute hair
6. he is genius
5. wait. how is it different?
4. Goodreads is fun. I'm a slow reader though :)
3. love the smile on his face!
2. She sounds fantastic. I love the picture. many prayers to her and her family and to you during the deployment. ♥
1.Oh my goodness-his face! So mischevious! and the 2nd shot: Blow that one up! hang it on the wall forever. I WISH I had photos of my kids and I like that. the love just radiates from it.

Jude said...

um, I LOVE that picture of you in the mirror! and that one of you and titus! love them.
goodreads=me happy!
alden will be buzz, there is no other choice.
i am too scared to google flouride in water.
i miss you.
your photo shoot pic looks great, don't be too hard on yourself!

Brown English Muffin said...

I thought the hump back whale was a helicopter. Either way he's creative to say the least.

I'll have to google fluoride in water...our doctor used to give us fluoride drops because there wasn't fluoride in the water so now I'm really confused!