Thursday, November 04, 2010

Turkey Lurkey

There is a 19 lb turkey in my refrigerator right now. I decided on Tuesday to throw together Thanksgiving for some people that have to miss it this year. I certainly hope the guest list fills up a bit. Otherwise, it's turkey samiches for a very long time.

On the menu so far:
stuffing
green bean casserole
cranberry sauce from a can, it's the only kind Sean likes. Vomit.
Pumpkin bread

A friend signed up for sweet potatoes and pie.

Please, please send me some "you HAVE to have this at Thanksgiving" recipes.

2 comments:

Corey said...

We're very traditional when it comes to Thanksgiving around here. We have basically what you have on your menu. Well, we usually have mashed potatoes too. Oh what about rolls? my family insists there must be dinner rolls. :\
p.s. Pete only likes canned cranberry sauce too. so gross

hippo chick said...

I have a great cranberry relish recipe, but since Sean won't eat it, you probably don't need it.

Like Corey, we are very traditional. This year, we have decided to stay right here in our wonderful little home and have Thanksgiving for just the two of us. I think people are feeling sorry for us, but this is our decision. We have been travelling and so busy this past year, we are really looking forward to our own quiet little holiday with:

Turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, carrots, rolls and cranberry relish. I think I might make two kids of pie. Oh yes, I'll probably make some fresh applesauce.

It's good to be back reading all my dear bloggy friends. I love you and your family.

~hippo hugs~