1. I am in learning mode. I keep meaning to buy this book, but just haven't. Instead, I've been watching youtube videos about the specific areas I need help in. These are pretty good. It's always easier for me to listen to someone explain something than for me to read about it.
2. My parents are coming! My parents are coming! All of us are pretty stinking excited. I almost told the kids when. All parents know you don't ever tell the kids when. You tell them the when at the exact moment it's happening. Eight years later, I still learn that lesson the hard way. Often.
3. I had to buy a plastic kid. He's neon yellow, holding an orange flag, wearing a giant sticker that says, "CAUTION: CHILDREN PLAYING." He's my warning kid to the neighbors that don't grasp that there will be at least 10 kids out every single day the sun is shining. If it takes them running a child over to get that, I'd rather it be a $16 plastic child than one of mine. My message to them: You chose to live on a cul-de-sac. Deal with it.
Our next collective step as parents of outdoor children, an obstacle course of traffic cones, forcing them to weave to obtain entry to their own, personal driveways. Obnoxious, yes.
4. I love that my kids would rather be outside playing than inside watching tv.
5. Speaking of which, our television is going. Not the actual television, but typing the word "satellite" just makes me feel trashy. Our options are going to be Wheel of Fortune and Antiques Roadshow or doing something productive for a change.
6. I bought baby girl clothes today. It was fun. Not for me, of course. There will be no more from this mama. Even though I am the best pregnant person ever. Even though I produce beautiful, healthy babies. Even though they grow up way too stinking fast. Even though I have room in the mini van for two more. Even though there are, in fact, women who have a girl after birthing three boys. Even though I would be just fine having another boy.
Sean said no. Emphatically. 99% of the time I am in full agreement with him. Maybe 98%.
7. The master of close calls bit it tonight. Running, while leaning atop a metal Tonka truck while rounding a corner is not a good idea. Feefs landed on a corner of the truck with his bottom eyelid. He is one tough cookie. Even Simon gave him credit after that one with a, "Man, I'd still be crying if that happened to me."
10. Long post tomorrow. 12Jan is a pretty big anniversary for us.