Thursday, January 06, 2011

yep, still bored.

Sean is back on nights, boo. All three of my children are asleep at 8:03 p.m. Can I get an Amen? This morning I made the mistake of praying, "Lord, please help me be kind to my children today." I thought I would trick Him into giving me patience without actually praying that prayer. As all mothers know, praying for patience is one of the worst things you can do.

Long story short, Simon was in bed by 5:30, no joke, though he didn't actually go to bed til 7. He read from the time he got home from school until he went to bed. His mouth was so bad today, he was in trouble by the time I dropped him off at school this morning. Yes, it was that bad.

In the end, I won. I followed through with his punishment which was terrible. He didn't get to play outside with his friends, but his brother did. Oh the torture. He even had to hear us all outside having fun on this 70 degree afternoon while he was tucked away reading.

Tonight, I got an apology, the acknowledgement that it would be better to think before he speaks & several declarations of love.

Moving on, I created somewhere around 153 layouts this year. Probably a few more than that as I don't always upload layouts if I'm feeling lazy. There are 153 in my 2010layouts folder though, so I am picking from those.

my favorite layouts of 2010(you should be able to click on the picture to enlarge if you care to read the journaling):






This is one of my absolute favorites and I realize now that you can't read the journaling. I took all these pictures the day Sean left for Afg. The journaling says: coming home that first day was killer. I was fine 'til I walked in & saw your stuff everywhere. It felt like you were dead & I had all this stuff to go thru. I didn't touch it for days. Gradually, though, I didn't feel sick seeing your toothbrush next to mine. I put your clothes away. I picked up your towel. One thing I refuse to move-your boots. They'll be by the front door 'til you come home. For now, you're still everywhere to me.

I think this was the first layout I made after he left. In hindsight, I see that's a bit morbid, but it made sense at the time. True to this layout, his boots did not move from their spot by the front door the entire time he was gone.






On that note, I am off to scrap!

4 comments:

nicole said...

1. love
2. i need to scrap!
3. 153...go chrissy!

stephanie said...

so awesome- i love them all! your scrap stuff rocks!

Corey said...

153?! that is awesome!

Jude said...

I don't know how you chose, all your LOS are my favorites!! :)