Friday, May 20, 2011

date night

My awesome mother-in-law sent us a gift card to Texas de Brazil for our anniversary. Swank-Y. I mean, swanky enough that we never would've gone without a giftcard. :) They had a trapeze artist to fetch wine bottles. It was a little strange in an oompa loompa kinda way. She was just there. On a wire, behind glass. Doing flips the entire time we were eating.

I would love to go back again with a group. They had an amazing salad bar and enough meat to make you have to massage your jaws between courses. Other than a hair(that was not mine) in my prosciutto, it was a lovely meal.

We had a new sitter come. Titus didn't take a nap yesterday, so she definitely earned her money. Simon said he was super clingy to him. :( And that he cried for "like 30 or 40 minutes" when she put him to bed. Surely not. The boy does tend to exaggerate. Either way, I felt really bad. Poor little guy must've been whooped 'cause he's still asleep.

He's all about the bedtime stall tactics. His new thing goes a little something like this:

me: attempting to cram the alphabet into his tiny, two year old brain. "Can you say, 'A?'"
T: "No."
me: "B"
T: "No."
me: "C"
T: "No."

The entire alphabet. When that's done, because I'm persistent/think it's freakin' cute, he starts with his, "Daddy com-een?" Daddy does robot or helicopter moves and noises when he puts him down.
Tonight, after another day of no naps + playing in the sprinkler, he was a little feister with his "Nos." His response to every letter was, "No, I not say, 'A.'" The entire alphabet. By 'G' we were both gettin' giggly. *sigh* I love that kid. I can't believe that little booger is already speaking full sentences, saying words like, "quiche," and carrying on conversations into a play cell phone.

Every day, after school, Felix wants yogurt. Heaven forbid the other not get in on the wow-it-smears-and-get-into-every-nook-and-cranny action. I love the way he licks his lips when he's got schmutz. That's what got the camera out, but not what the camera captured...



















It's a lot funnier if you watch it in fast motion. The whole exchange was less than 10 seconds long, so imagine it as a short film. I tried to make it so, but Blogger is rejecting the video for some reason.

2 comments:

Jude said...

haha. love it.
trapeze and wine... interesting!

Brown English Muffin said...

LMAO if you scroll really fast it totally becomes a movie!!! Sorry the geek in me in humored!!!

By the way he has his own yogurt bowl, so what exactly did he want? Felixs yogurt as well?