Saturday, May 14, 2011

Funny Friday

A few things that made me laugh this week:
>>Sean called me while stuck in traffic the other day. I hope you all won't think less of us. Truth is, we use less than appropriate words at times. I'm just keepin' it real.

Sean: "Traffic is a b-a-s-t-a-r-d." spelled quickly as little ears were present.
me: mentally going over the letters slowly/not figuring out what he spelled/moving on from the mental exercise figuring it wasn't that important/getting the gist of what he was spelling as traffic is never a happy subject...
Simon: "The word is 'bastard,' Dad."
me: "Smooth move, Pops."
Sean: launching into a speech about what the word actually means, how it really isn't a bad word, just not one that we should use.

The kid reads 300+ wpm(according to eyeq) and his comprehension is stellar. Nothing gets by him. Nothing.

>>The kiddos had dentist appts the other day. It's the only time I ever sit and read senseless magazines. I can admit that like an 80 year old woman, Reader's Digest is my #1 pick. Especially when Highlights and Shape are the alternative mag of choice. Anyways, I usually flip to the funnies and was not disappointed this go 'round. I laughed so hard at this whenparentstext entry that I was embarrassed the office girls would think something was wrong with me. Tears, I tell you. Reading it now, it's not as funny.

>>Their dance moves are pretty funny on their own, but it's T's distracted moments that crack me up.



Untitled from Chrissy Amport on Vimeo.

>>HA!

>>ha, ha!
 >>ha, ha, ha!

Happy Weekend!

6 comments:

Corey said...

LOL that was so cute! I love Felix's mismatched socks and T's gorilla dance. Reminds me I need to video more little things like that.
Oh and spelling no longer works at our house either. It's funny b/c we both still do it, but like Simon, nothing gets past Jake either LOL!

Kolt and Susannah said...

good grief your kids are too stinking cute. i love T's dancing skills, pretty soon he and L will be able to dance together! :/

Jude said...

dancing=cuteness.
text funny=hilarious
photos= even more hilarity :)

Melissa said...

For a good laugh @ text messages go to damyouautocorrect.com

Love the pictures!!

Brown English Muffin said...

I'm in love with that first picture of F & T....can I just stare all day...please!!!

nicole said...

i saw one of those when parents text entries a few weeks back and i still find myself laughing about it at random times...'inbox dad. inbox.' good stuff!