Thursday, May 19, 2011

Ten.

How can I possibly wrap up ten years in a blog post?

I can only say, with absolutely no hesitation, even considering the days I want to stab you more than kiss you...I wouldn't change a thing. Well, that's not true. There are some small things I'd change, like the way you stack dishes on the edge of the sink or have no sense of urgency when we're late. The big things, though, like when you worked two full time jobs while going to nursing school so Simon didn't have to go to daycare or the way you play with my hair without even realizing it or the way you can still make me cry with words of kindness via email all these years later, the way you call me out when I'm letting Satan win or the way you memorize Bible verses with the boys, the way you seek knowledge and truth...those big things, I wouldn't change.

As a parent, I now get why everybody was so crazy about the idea of an 18 and 21 year old gettin' hitched. I understand the fear they had about us being broke or deciding we really didn't like each other after all. I can imagine they thought we weren't ready.

You were never your average 21 year old and I wasn't your average 18 year old. I'm so glad we knew what we wanted and went for it.

5 comments:

Corey said...

♥♥♥ awe Happy Anniversary you two! ♥♥♥

Brown English Muffin said...

Happy anni....could you imagine your boys getting hitched at 21? But you know what as long as it was a beautiful god fearing, non mcdonalds eating woman I know they would be a blessing to each other.

Dettao said...

congratulations to you and Sean. I was an 18 year old bride, too.

Jude said...

love you guys! :) happy day!!

picture this said...

happy anniversary!!! enjoy your day together!