Wednesday, June 22, 2011

ha!

*I love it when something accidentally gets thrown away. Actually, that part I don't love. It's the husband upside down in the recycle bin digging through garbage part that I love. It's the being confronted with the fact that it was actually me that threw the item away and then didn't help look for it part that cracks me up.

*Potty training version three has begun. Mr. T is starting a little backwards, but I can't complain. The kid actually came out of the bathroom triumphantly last night with a, "Wan-SEE?" Thatta boy. There may have been a point today in which the entire family huddled around him in our teeny, tiny little half bath and clapped for him. It was ridiculous and hilarious and there are probably entire libraries written on how clapping for bodily functions is frowned upon in child rearing world. So be it. I believe not having to buy diapers deserves applause. We aren't quite to that point yet, but I do plan to purchase charactered undergarments some day soon.

One more funny b/c things are always better in threes...

*I was telling Sean I want to learn to make my own bakeware.
And that I want to start shopping at Goodwill so I can repurpose clothes. Not for any eco reasons, just b/c I think it would be fun to turn a plain skirt into something fancy using my sewing skills. I kept going because he wasn't giving me the attention I was seeking.

I tossed in, "Would you still love me if I put my hair in dreads?" I was totally kidding, but I just wanted to get a reaction. All the while he was calmly eating his yogurt, I added, "Y'know, you never have to wash your hair if you put it in dreads.." He calmly stood up from the table, rolled his eyeballs in my direction and stated, "I am not having this conversation with you."

Mission accomplished, I got a reaction. Just to reiterate, I do not want dreads. This red head don't play like that.

3 comments:

Corey said...

1. oh no! what was it? Pete always writes "the most important things" on cardboard. I'm serious. Then he wonders why it gets thrown away.
2. I've always clapped for potty training kids. It's just what you do. :)
3. I do the exact same thing. Why do they choose to ignore us??! I'm trying to have a conversation--say something! LOL!!

Jude said...

darn.i was looking forward to seeing that hair ;)

Brown English Muffin said...

my daughter started backwards as well...what's up with that? Is the number 2 sensation just more pronounced with some kids or something.

Oh and just to let you know, you do too have to wash your hair with dreads....in fact you have to do more to it than those with no dreads...too much maintenance for me!!