Thursday, June 16, 2011

pictures&commentary

I can't sleep. VIPs are flying in tomorrow and I'm too excited to sleep. Someone inquired about my Boston pictures, so I thought I'd post them here for all to see. Nothing earth shattering, nothing to ooh and ahh over, just memories documented.

**click on pictures to enlarge/see them less pixelated. Not sure why Blogger hates me lately.

A quick trip to the river the day my mom got here.


The adventure begins with easy travels and self portraits.
Across the street from out apartment. That's the USS Constitution off to the right.
A timer shot. :) One of my favorites from the trip.
The pretty unspectacular view from our kitchen window. It was made spectacular by the wet stuff falling from the sky. Plus, I think fire escapes are picture worthy having never had one at my disposal.
Salem St. Stinking ugly cars ruined a whole lotta pictures.
Blogger is wrecking my pictures. This is another one of my favorites. It's crystal clear in real life. In my head, it carries the title, "Potty Mouths." All sweet, little old ladies. All used the F word at least eight times during their breakfast. Loudly and pertaining to hockey.

One if by land, two if by sea.
Afghanistan & Iraq War Memorial. Just a little thing, but cool to see.
Paul Revere, sporting a hockey jersey.

A reflection of part of the Holocaust Memorial.

Sean and I went to Rockport. We ignored his cousin's warning that it was "his idea of hell/full of Mass holes poking their heads into shops only made for tourists." I won't lie. The term "Mass holes," has kept me chuckling for days. He was right.

I got this stunning shot of Sean and I. This was my fifth attempt at an in focus, correctly exposed, timer shot. I gave up after this one. I just couldn't delete the final beauty of us in our tourist sweatshirts, damp from the rain, freezing our butts off after wasting $30 on train tickets + five hours of our life to visit a town we were warned about.

At least it's documented.
Home again. My niece wanted to see the Alamo. It was hot and I wasn't all that interested in using my camera anymore at this point in the week.

I did get my child sticking his hand into a cannon. Something tells me he wouldn't have made a great soldier in the days of yore. The shot before this one, completely un-postable, was of him with his entire face plastered to the front of the cannon. Just further evidence...

That rounds out my week of stunning photography. Hopefully I can redeem myself tomorrow at the airport with it's fabulous lighting. :)

2 comments:

Jude said...

I LOVE the bench silhouette. Perfect! I think the masshole term is officially in usage. ;)
SO glad you got to get away.
I think, and I use that term lightly, that I have figured out the pixelated pics... I'll call you and explain ;)

Brown English Muffin said...

"Mass Holes" Classic!