Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Whoa, (negative) Nelly!

Sometimes I disgust myself with how negative I can be.

Today, I am choosing to be positive.

Simon jumped in the car today with, "We had good snacks today! Grapes, crackers&PB, raisins..." Is someone in charge reading my mind, or worse, my blog? Yikes. Maybe the first two days of pure garbage snacks are just to bribe the kids to come back.

Also VBS related, Simon and his buddy, Nathan were chatting it up on the ride home.

"I told Ms.Lauren that I play the guitar and she told her sister, Emily."-Simon
"Emily's her sister?"-Nathan
"Yeah, I think they're twins."-Simon
"Oooooh yeeeeeeah."-Nathan
"They. are. cuuuuuute."-Simon

Meanwhile, I'm trying not to drive off an overpass as my eyes bulge out of my skull. The rapid blinking of disbelief kept them in. THEY'RE EIGHT! What do they know about cute and twins and girls and cute?

Luckily, I'm right in the middle of Bringing up Boys by James Dobson. I thought I was fully prepared to answer any questions pertaining to...that kind of thing. Turns out, no, I'm not. Not ready at all.

1 comment:

Brown English Muffin said...

You'd better hurry up and finish that book!! LOL