Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Tuesday Ten: At least...

**When did August happen? At least we only have a few more months of 100 degree weather.

**The A/C in the RV is on the fritz. This little two man crew came out yesterday and did a temporary fix while waiting on a part, but the fix was in fact only temporary. Like an hour temporary. Luckily, it's only 106 today. In RV world, that makes it a lovely 93 degrees inside. We are one smelly bunch. At least we're in the shade. :)

**Honestly, there's nowhere I'd rather be. Thanks to the chaos of getting out of our house, I am genuinely excited to be right where we are. Not sure if making the situation a horrible one was God's way of preparing me for this lil adventure. For future reference, God, it doesn't need to be that horrible to get me excited for the future. At least I am at total peace here.

**As I walked away from our house yesterday, it was a very bittersweet feeling. I am so sad to be leaving the greatest home we've ever known. Notice I said "home," not house. The house is crap, but the home, the neighborhood, the friends, the location, I will miss it all. That home is where Titus learned to walk. Where Felix learned to ride a bike. Where Simon blossomed from a little kid to a big kid. Where we thrived through a deployment. Where we made great friends that will last a lifetime. At least we have the memories.

**We have been in the car a lot these last few weeks. A lot is an understatement. The back and forth and to and fro is just insane. I've noticed that the second I pull into a parking lot, my kids turn into a barrel of monkeys. I'm talking, craziness. Titus shouting at the top of his lungs, "WAA HEEEE-A?(We're here)," Felix bouncing his body off the back of the seat in front of him like a pinball machine, Simon asking question after question about where we are and why. At least I like monkeys.

**Somehow, in the midst of all of this, Titus has figured out the whole potty system. After walking out of the men's room with his Pa at Jason's Deli last night, announcing to all present, "I made a big one, Mommy!" it was official. He tells us when he has to go, he holds it if we aren't close to a 'toy-et,' he uses it as a bedtime stall tactic, I haven't changed a diaper in over two weeks, and he only wears pull-ups to bed. It's for real. At least he still needs me to tie his shoes.

**This week, we've had offers to stay as houseguests if things got bad worse...
The ability to borrow a friend's truck...
Babysitting at the drop of a hat...
Overnighters for the big kids...
Manpower to lift the heavy stuff...
Texts and phonecalls received at just the moment I needed 'em...
Goodbye cards from neighbor friends that brought me to tears...
Meals served to us...
I have no 'at least' for this one. I am one lucky girl.

**The A/C on my van went out today. It was kind of a kick in the teeth while we were already down, but what can you do but laugh? Actually, Sean did a lot of things other than laugh...As a friend pointed out: (at least) If things come in threes, we should be set for a while.

**I'm pretty sure my dear, sweet, stressed out husband is going to have a stroke and/or heart attack any day now. The deployment checklist+school stuff that he is still dealing with+the move(funny how those four little letters pack such a mean punch)+the landlord(I propose that term be changed to land-thankyou,kindpeople,forpayingourmortgagewhenwecouldn'tsellourstinkinghouseintheworsthousingcrisisinhistory managers. The whole 'lord' title seems a bit much.)+RV woes+car woes+++. At least we have health insurance.

**I am wide awake at 1:30 in the morn. It has finally cooled down to about 80 degrees in the motorhome. At least it isn't 93. :)

2 comments:

Jude said...

oh my word, So sorry! i'll call ya tomorrow!

Brown English Muffin said...

I have 16 unread posts from your blog in my google reader and after reading this post I realize I need to go back to post number 1...just to figure it all out.