Sunday, November 20, 2011

19NOV

I was thankful yesterday for a hike with my boys. Sometimes I forget there's a two and a half year old in the family and come up with stupid ideas such as, "Let's go hiking!" Sometimes I throw caution to the wind and say, "Just go, don't look at a map," or "Nah, let's keep going. It can't be that much farther." Sometimes I ignore the weather forecasts and sincerely hope it'll feel fallish. Sometimes, it all works out despite me.
 I'm thankful for the energy spent, the sticks weaponized, the science learned, the pictures taken.

 Serious hikers, these two.
 Thankful this guy carried my camera bag and the waters the whole way with little to no complaint.
Thankful that he turned the camera on me a time or two with little to no nagging(It was more "I guess people looking at the snapshots will just have to assume my presence...sigh" type talk than nagging).
Either way, I'm thankful I got to be in some of the pictures. They make me feel like such a mom. I love the stooping to get his hand. I'm thankful I still have one little enough to hold my hand. :D
 "Swutt."-per the Harris family. :)

"Ugh, quadruple chins!"-I said. "Those aren't chins, they're lines...wrinkles. Like fine leather. Fine leather wrinkles."-he replied. "STOP talking!"-I gave back.
 Another two mommy shots. Love them. These will go on a photo wall one day soon.

 As will this one. Love it.

3 comments:

Jude said...

lovely shots! we love hiking too :)

Corey said...

looks like a fun day! i love the mommy shots!
i'm going to have to remember the "like fine leather" comment. Pete and I are always teasing each other about our wrinkles :p

Brown English Muffin said...

no 3, 8 and 12 I think you could sell to the company that puts photos in the frames when you buy them!!! LOL