Wednesday, November 02, 2011

2NOV

I am thankful for friends and funny kids.

Friends that can sympathize and empathize.
Friends that call at just the right moment.
Friends that send a lil note just to say 'hey.'

Thankful for friends here and there.
Via the phone and internet.
Church friends and military friends.
Neighborhood friends and RV park friends.
New friends and old friends.
Friends I haven't even met face to face yet.

I am thankful that I have true, genuine people in my life that just get it.

.....

On the way home tonight, Simon asked me if I'd ever played a game where people throw a bunch of apples in water and you have to get it out with just your mouth.

"Yep," I said, "it's called 'bobbing for apples.' You can't use your hands, you just stick your face in the water and try to get the apple with your teeth."

"Well, that sounds dangerous." Felix, the sensible one, oh so matter-o-factly.

2 comments:

Corey said...

I was just about to send you a text this morning. You have been on my heart, in my mind and in my prayers all week. Just been thinking about you a lot. :) ♥

Brown English Muffin said...

I think that's what god made kids for....not to annoy us, or grow and leave the coup...but to make us smile and laugh.