Sunday, November 06, 2011

5NOV

Thankful for grocery shopping alone.

Thankul for an awesome conversation with my mom on the way to grocery shopping. Alone. I am so looking forward to being in her nest again. Even if just for a few months.

Thankful for standing up for myself by snarling at the lady who purposefully ran into me with her cart while grocery shopping. Alone.

Thankful for the reminder that I am to love hard to deal with people, too. Even rude ones that run into me with their cart while grocery shopping...alone.

Thankful that I have a husband who knows me well enough to call me out when I tried to embellish that story a little. I did snarl at her. I even threw out a, "Gah, lady, give me a sec!" I may have said it(quietly) as I was walking away with my back to her, but I said it.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I got to grocery shop alone today too....and had several run ins (in the parking lot) of the fact that "snowbird season" is upon me. Thank goodness I was alone in my car....

Corey said...

oh shopping alone is so wonderful! last month my kids were in a class every wednesday for 2 hours. I would get all my shopping done then. it was glorious. no class this month though :(

Kimberly White said...

I got to go grocery shopping alone today too! Woohoo! No rude people at my store today though =) Thanks for the invite to your blog!

Brown English Muffin said...

OK so I probably see the good in all man...it's my biggest downfall...and I'm sure you are correct...but I wonder....how do you know she ran into you deliberately???