Wednesday, November 09, 2011

9NOV

Today, I'm thankful for a signed piece of paper.

I'm thankful for a napping Titus.

I'm thankful for a wasted doctor's appt. Waste of time, but at least nothing's wrong!

I'm thankful for the 15 minutes I spent at Bible study this morning.
**I happened to double check my phone to make sure it was on silent. A ringing phone in church is bad enough, but I will never get over hearing someone answer it and proceed with a conversation in church! Anyways, I noticed two missed calls from Sean. Sure enough, he needed me to leave Bible study to drive all the way to Lackland for a piece of paper. With three kids. Had to drive home, pick up T from the neighbor and boogy to beat a gov't lunch break(they tend to start early, end late). Luckily, T fell asleep as we were pulling into our parking space on the very last row. Luckily, I forgot the stroller and had to go to the very top floor. I made it with no feeling in either arm, but I beat the lunch break!

All that to say, in the fifteen minutes I was present at the Bible study a particular verse popped up on the powerpoint presentation. It was only up there for a second b/c the woman manning the computer never manages to get the slides to coincide with the speaker. This verse is so so so so applicable to our situation of late. In fact, it may just have to be my new motto. NOTHING is going smoothly. When I say nothing, I mean it in every sense of the word. Come to think of it, there must be a stronger word than "nothing" to describe how absolutely chaotic/unplanned/unplannable our lives are pertaining to this deployment and PCS. Poor Sean is so completely stressed due to the amount of tasks at hand for both the deployment and school. He's juggling them well, but I feel bad for the guy.

"A man's heart plans his way,
but the Lord directs his steps." Prov. 16:9

I have to think those few minutes I spent at the chapel today were for that very moment when I caught the verse on screen. I was filled with a calm I haven't felt in weeks.

Today, I'm thankful for that more than anything.

1 comment:

Corey said...

I love when that happens...when you get just what you needed at the right time. ♥
Sorry for all the flub-ups though. I can't imagine ugh