Saturday, December 10, 2011

Ben

The other night I was having a chat with the big two while passing out the second round of goodnight kisses.

"Would you guys rather stay here with Grandma and Grandpa or go back to San Antonio with Daddy?"-I asked. The unanimous vote was to stay here. I then had to explain that that means we're never going back to San Antonio, at least not to live. Felix's main concern was our life group. Simon comforted him with,

"Well, we'll just have to get a new life group when we move to Maryland."
"Yeah, a better life group?"-Felix asked hesitantly.
"Nah, our life group is the best. It will just be a different life group." Simon answered, oh-so-wisely.

I was already choking back sobs at this point when Felix pulled his blanket up over his mouth and his big ole eyes filled up with tears, "Ben always plays with me...he's kind of my best friend," he sniffed out.

And with that conversation, my kids finally understand what life in the military is all about.

3 comments:

jessica said...

Sigh....

kimrairdon said...

:( You just made me cry.... So sweet... We miss you guys!!!! BTW...do I get a vote?

Brown English Muffin said...

I was good until Felix pulled that blanket over his head....Oh Chrissy you sure know how to make a girl cry.