Sunday, December 18, 2011

We planned to party at the park. It was cold/all two of the "pavilions" were reserved. We came home instead. S said he didn't make a wish when he blew out the candles. Either he's the most depressing kid on earth or he already has everything he could ever wish for. I know I do.

SO him right now. Whenever he's the center of attention,
he's got his hands in his mouth








All he asked for was a pocket knife. Unfortunately, he saw the one Grandma bought him before it was wrapped. Unfortunately, he told me so. Unfortunately, I took it back since the surprise was ruined. Or so he thought. Feefs helped me wrap the presents with the threat that if he even hinted about a single present he had to forfeit a Christmas present of his own to replace it. He was pretty excited to help me wrap the pocket knife in a layer of heavy duty packaging tape over the wrapping paper. :) It was the last present he opened and all the kids got in on the aggravation excitement of trying to get it undone, all the while guessing what it could be.

A good day for my boy on his last day of being eight.

4 comments:

jessica said...

nice candle pics!

Jude said...

yeah for pocket knives!! :)

Brown English Muffin said...

That third picture brought the biggest smile to my face....

Kimberly White said...

oh man ... 9 already. Your pictures are fabulous!!!