Thursday, April 19, 2012

oh, stink

"This stinks," I said, referring to a situation. "It wasn't me!" Titus said from the back seat. :)

Same day, different scenario, in public.

Sniffing shampoo, I observed, "Ew, this stinks."
"WHO FART?" The three year old, again, loudly.

He keeps us laughing.

I've been laughing(and maybe crying a little) all day. I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep tonight. It's not all excitement. I'm pretty stoked about a(n almost) cross country trip with my husband. I'm pretty stoked about a cross country trip with no kids. At the same time...

It stinks to be leaving my parents and big sister(and family).
It stinks to have solidified some friendships, only to leave.
I'm so excited to see my San Antonio friends, but it stinks knowing it's just for a day or two.
It stinks having the military people in the military screw things up.
It stinks being told we'll have to wait five weeks on our household goods.
It stinks that my already emotionally damaged, middle child spent the entire day trying to convice me to take him with me. Trying to figure out a way to fit in my carry-on. Poor guy.
It stinks that I didn't fit in a few more things that were on my to-do list here.
It stinks, but at the same time...

It will all work out. :D

I am really, really looking forward to the next year of our lives. Being under the same roof. All five of us, figuring out a new city. I'm excited about mass transit. I'm excited to have stuff to do! I'm excited to meet Bear, Rachel and the Triple As :). I'm excited to just get there. I'm excited about our tiny house with a basement. I'm excited about the neighborhood. I'm excited that there are parks everywhere. I'm excited to have houseguests!!!!

I'm excited to feel settled, if only for a year.

Come on Friday!!

4 comments:

Sarmiento Family said...

It stinks, for us, that you all are leaving but I am so excited for your adventure! I remember the excitement of getting to explore a new place, but the crazy emotions that come with it. What an awesome ride you all are on! Enjoy yourselves and get that basement ready for guests :)

Rachel said...

We sound like a side show! LOL!
I am really looking forward to you being here, for me it's sweet. No stink. :)

Jude said...

have a fun trip with Sean, and I cannot wait until you are settled in and we can see you!!!!!!!!

Kolt and Susannah said...

It was so great to see you, and I'm kind of glad we didn't get to say good bye, good byes stink!

I'm so excited for you guys, so jealous, and so sad for me. I truly hope our paths cross again some day. You're a great friend and I miss you terribly.