Thursday, August 09, 2012

#4

I feel like I should write out a big, long, elaborate post as to why. Maybe I will, eventually. For now, we're just marinating in the news.

Yep, he was planned. Yep, the boys are excited. Yep, the timing probably is a bit off with the whole grad school thing + an impending move just a month after I'm due.

We decided life can't go on hold just for school. We decided babies are absolutely a blessing. We decided our kids turn out pretty freakin' awesome. I didn't know my body would agree quite so quickly, but...

I found out in SC. I had a feeling, but got two negatives while still in MD. I almost skipped taking a test while in SC but rationalized that my sister's bathroom floor would be the best for this picture(a copycat of my friend, Susannah's preggo picture).

I got my sister pretty good. She was the first to know, even before Sean. We were at dinner with a friend. When the friend got up to take a phone call, I spit out, "I think I'm pregnant." Only a little sister would do that. The friend came back to the table as soon as I said it and Niki couldn't say a word about it. :)

I told my nieces next. They were sitting on the couch doing each others hair and I figured it would be such a memorable moment for the three of us. They were a little grossed out when I showed them the actual test, but the "ewwwws" quickly turned to squeals about baby girls. :)

Simon blushed, having been steeped in the talk for a while. He gave me a hug and said, "I think this is a good thing." Me too, Bud.

Felix was pretty excited but has been waffling between girl and boy. Today, he wants it to be a boy.

And Mr. Titus is 100% positive that he will not be a big brother, but a big sister. Any time the talk of names comes up, he insists we name her, "Baby Sister."

I told Sean over the phone. "I really wanted to come up with a creative way to tell you..." I said. He kept talking about school and stopped mid sentence. "Wait a sec. Are we pregnant?!" He asked. "I am," I said. "I don't know about you."

We've received a few mixed reactions, but most have been positive. I expect/ed some pretty lackluster responses as it is the fourth and is anybody really surprised when someone announces a fourth? It's like, "Again? Ok...yay?" 99.9% of the people told are praying it's a girl. I'm not. I'm just praying for healthy and reminding myself to be realistic. Though science(according to the many articles I have read) says even after three boys, it's only 6% more likely you'll get another boy, I'm remaining neutral.

I'll take whatever the Giver of Life decides.

7 comments:

Jude said...

yeah! i was wondering when you were going to blog about it!! I am SO happy :)

Corey said...

I am so happy for you! And wouldn't it be AWESOME if my dream really was a premonition? HAHA!!
xoxo

Kimberly White said...

That is so very wonderful Chrissy!!!!!!

stephanie said...

so.very.very.cool! congrats to you, Sean and the boys!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Chrissy! ~Amy Williams

Aron said...

AHHHHHH!!!! I am SO Excited!!! This is wonderful news! And I don't care if it's a boy or girl, but I am going to start praying for a red head. =) A HUGE Congratulations to all of you!

MadHatter said...

Yeah!!!!!