Sunday, September 23, 2012

Real life

In an effort to take a picture with my real camera this month, I opted to document a part of our day last week. I'm so glad I did. I ended up documenting over two days, Sunday and Monday.
 After church, playing with magnetix. I love the peeking brother.
 More boy toys.
 Simon has reached that phase where he must do something with this hands in pictures.
 Studying. Always studying. Always with a coffee cup beside him.
 A new interest for him. His brothers hoard Lego guys, so he's opted for the duplo ones since nobody else plays with them.

 Butter chips from Real Foods SC. They are a part of our daily lives. My mom keeps up with our demand by bringing refills when she visits.  


 

 This is the start of our Monday. Mr. Simon is usually telling us about his dreams within minutes of sitting down for breakfast.


 A missed focal point, but a captured TRUE smile. I'll take it!
 This boy savors his milk.




 The next best thing to REAL milk is this very expensive stuff that I can only find at one store.
 Babycenter App. Definitely a part of my daily life. :)
 Fall decor. This is it! I figure the outdoor decor provided by God ought to be enough.
Our school room is in the basement. Terrible lighting, but a perfect spot for school. We have whiteboards for teaching and drawing. This is me, drawn by Felix. Love the pointy toes and giant midsection.
 Titus does precious little for me, school wise. For his big brother, though, he'll listen to any and all instruction. I must say, I'm pretty impressed with his letter recognition and writing.

Five weeks in, I'm pretty happy with Sonlight. It's very organized, which is good for someone like me. If you're an organized person on your own, it may make you feel a bit hemmed in. For me, though, it was definitely the right choice.


 Titus' gathering of toys for his baby. "She will love them," he said, bringing dump truck full after dump truck full of baby toys. :)

Simon, reading the Bible a top a previously built fort. Two years in, this homeschooling thing isn't always easy...ok, it's RARELY easy.  It takes up a ton of time. It seems the more time I give my boys, the more time they want. I am exhausted most days, but in a good way. I don't have a ton of time for...well, anything else. Hands down, though, it is the most rewarding thing I've done. I don't regret it a bit. My boys are brilliant and I play a hand in that. I get to see their strengths and weaknesses and focus on them. I get to pour so much knowledge into their spongey brains...

Enough about that. I'm tired. :)

No comments: