Saturday, November 03, 2012

time

Every once in a while, a certain picture settles itself into the wrinkles of my brain. It helps when I go digging and have done a lousy job of saving it in a very specific file. Which is...always. I save by date. Thankfully, I have this blog with it's handy little search feature and once upon a time, I blogged every time I took a picture. :)

I went digging through my old, old pictures(think, busted up old shoe boxes) when we got word of Grandpa's passing. Pulling out those boxes is what let Mr. Simon know something was up. :(

I was looking for a specific picture of just Grandpa that I remembered taking the day this first one was taken at Timrod Park in Florence. It was a close up of his face. I couldn't find it, but plucked this one from the box, just to set it aside.

Simon was fifteen months old and still a bit tipsy on his feet. March 2004.
At breakfast this morning, I remembered this picture.

Taken in the summer of 2010. This time it was Simon helping Pop Pop who was a little tipsy on his feet.

 I really wish I had a picture of him through the haze of cigar smoke. :)

At the end of the day, though, if these two pictures were all I had, it would be enough. They represent so much about him. I love pictures. I love how they capture the passage of time. I love that even the imperfect ones gain a sense of perfection over time.


1 comment:

Kimberly White said...

Wonderful memories to hold in your heart. Sending a hug your way. Love Kim