Tuesday, March 05, 2013

What day is it?

I think there's a Tuesday in here somewhere. I'll attempt ten points...

1-
Life has been nuts. A good nuts.
All those entries in my handy phone calendar that I put it at the beginning of February have come and gone.
Quickly.
Visitors from all over.
Trips to hither, thither and yon.
Friends.
SO many events I was anticipating and thinking would nevereverever come. And now they are just very happy memories that make me feel so blessed to have crossed paths with some pretty awesome people.

And suddenly, it's March.

2-
I took a trip to Lynchburg to hang out with one of my very best dearest friends. Dearest sounds more Golden Girls. I am determined to still consider this chick a dear friend when we're Golden Girls. It was a great getaway and I so thankful we had that time together.

3-
Nesting has come and gone.
I made two wet bags for all the cloth diapers I am committed to loving.
They have zippers and are fully lined. It was an intimidating project having slippery fabric and zippers. I figured out the secret to sewing:
Anticipate disaster. Then, when things go only slightly smoother than disaster, you can pat yourself on the back.

The two bags got me confident. Cocky.
I quickly churned out a few more simple projects, then decided a whole quilt made perfect sense.
It's done, but it ain't purdy.
Actually, it's quite purdy if you don't look too closely.
The most important part is that the seven year old recipient loves it. :)
I am whole heartedly convinced that sewing machines take on a life of their own mid-project. Maybe it's just mine? I step away to press a seam and come back to a botched tension or stitch length. Having not changed a thing, smooth sewing can suddenly turn into massive bunching and loose threads.

4-
Some of our best friends from Texas came through for an evening. I swear, my boys have fallen into a depression since they left. They've been acting out in different ways, talking a lot about Texas. I overheard Felix telling my mom that he wishes the Air Force would just leave us alone so we wouldn't have to move all the time. *sigh* I get it. I did remind him that we wouldn't even know those very awesome people in Texas had it not been for the Air Force. It's not that often you find friends in every age group of your own kids and they get along so seamlessly. :(

5-
It helped that Felix's future wife came through just the day after our Texas friends left. Our South Carolina friends came for a few days and we got to go on an overnight adventure to Jamestown with them. I felt safe traveling that far from home given the fact that there was a medical professional in the group. In hindsight, it probably wasn't very fair to him to expect so much. :D Luckily, no babies were born and we had an awesome time.

6-
Grandma is here now. I've had a few freak out moments knowing her arrival was the last entry in the calendar before baby's arrival. I'm crazy excited to meet this kiddo, though.

7-
Something my amazing preacher said Sunday that has stuck with me:
Beyond my knowledge, there is God.

8-
I had what may have been my last appt yesterday.
The doctor seemed a bit surprised that I'm already 4cm.
The nurse seemed very excited at the thought.
I'm well aware that you can be dilated and not in active labor.
I was 3cm with T for a month.
That said, Sean and I went out for lunch, just in case it's our last opportunity for a while.
It was a bit quiet. We were both a tad subdued.
He has school on his mind, I have thoughts of how bad labor hurts on mine.

9-
They're predicting 8-12 inches of snow beginning in exactly 90 minutes.
I'm predicting this is exactly when little boy will decide to come. I think it would be kind of fun. Luckily, a friend insisted on swapping Sean's meep meep for their 4WD truck.
The thought of driving in snow still freaks me out and there's a good chance my doctor wouldn't make it in time. But, beyond my knowledge, there is God. He's got this covered. And if I end up birthing a baby on the side of the road in a 4WD pick-up truck with a feverish Sean catching...so be it.

10-
Just three, in Jamestown. I love these little chuckleheads. I can't wait to see what changes and what stays the same amongst them. The relationships, the growth, the little shifts and big shifts. And with a sudden burst of energy, I'm off to catch up on Project Life or birth a baby. Whichever comes first. :D





1 comment:

Corey said...

You are like the energizer bunny!