Saturday, December 14, 2013

Read it. Believe it. Pass it on.


To those of you on my Christmas card list, you'll notice a little something extra tucked in with your card. To be honest, it's the only reason I did cards this year. 

And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the Gospel to every creature."
Mark 16:15

So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth;
It shall not return to Me void,
But it shall accomplish what I please,
And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.

Isaiah 55:11

When I read Mark 16:15 and really any verse that tells us Christians to GO, I want to sell everything and hop on a plane to Africa. I know in my heart that one day I will. We will. Right now, though, this is my platform.

I have a circle of influence. I have a little, bitty realm that God gave me. A missionary that stopped by our church recently said, "God isn't going to do what He asked you to do."

This is my part.

I don't believe I met a single person in my address book by chance. I may have blown many opportunities to share. I may have ignored opportunities that were presented. But I believe God finishes what he starts. He put me in your path for a reason.

I don't know the innermost workings of your heart. I do know that God gave you a brain to think and eyes to read. I pray you will read the little insert, believe it, and pass it on.

To my Christian friends, don't be insulted. If you are, dig a little deeper to find out why. I was once aggravated to receive them. I thought they were trivial. Y'know what? If I would've read one or two of 'em along the way, I would've realized I wasn't truly saved.

I put one in every envelope in the hopes that you'll still read it and pass it along. Even if it's just left in a windshield wiper or handed off to a stranger at the grocery store. When God says, "Go," it isn't a question, it is a command.

1 comment:

kimrairdon said...

Awesomeness