Friday, October 24, 2014

10

1) "Hey, mom! We have this same truck, only dirtier!"-Titus. Considering he said it at a not-entirely-clean consignment store, I would've been embarrassed. However, that once shiny truck has been delegated to the outdoors. It has hauled many truckloads of dirt, leaves, sticks, rocks, and love.

2) "Hey, mom, if we ever get a pet one day, can it be a penguin?"-Titus, again. That last word surprised me. The rest of the words I hear every day.

3) It seems we've bought a house. I won't believe it until the day we move in, but it's exciting nonetheless. It feels weird being so far away and not partaking physically in the usual tasks of buying a home.

4) Today is Sean's last at his current rotation. He goes for another round of OB for two weeks, then another ped's rotation for two weeks and that's it. THAT'S IT. THAT IS IT.

5) Every morning, we talk about it: the end. It's the same conversation, we just use different words or focus on a different aspect. It's been a long, long, long time coming and we are ready to see how life feels on the other side.

6) As I always do before a move, I've felt myself starting to drift away. I hold back. I stop investing. I don't like it, but it's a form of self preservation, I think. I want to make the most of our time left here, but at the same time I'm steeling myself for a change. I've noticed it in the kids, too.

7) I just signed the two biggest knuckleheads up for two classes of Minecraft homeschool-7 Wonders for Felix and Trouble in Boston for Simon. I'd like to transition them to as much computer based homeschooling as possible. When I started this, I said, "Never!" I've resisted, but with the way the world is going, being computer savvy is a must. I'm focusing more on the end result. Do I want them to have a certain number of worksheets completed by the end of the year or do I want them to have retained knowledge? Is it about checkboxes or learning? On the other hand, we were made for human interaction. I don't want them staring at a computer screen all day long in the name of education.

8) I am a lucky girl. Stress looks good on him. You can't really tell in this picture, but he's gone grey around his temples.
9. At one of our favorite parks. 

 10. I gave Titus a coffee can to collect leaves. Instead, he collected three big, fat, slimy cheetah slugs. 
 & for a minute, they all got along. 

No comments: