Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Tuesday Ten

-This is the LAST WEEK of Sean's clinical rotations. I can't even fathom. In theory it's something to celebrate. In reality, we are stuck in the Bermuda Triangle that is school and it won't feel like we've escaped until...? I don't know what will make it (the end) feel real, but whatever it is, it hasn't happened yet.

-We've been sick for, count it, three solid weeks. It started with Felix and it will hopefully end with me. It's a nasty, nasty cold. I've been voiceless for about twenty four hours and yet no one around me seems to notice. I still get, "Mom. Mom! MOM?!?" Meanwhile I'm in another room whisper yelling, "What? WHAT? WHAAAAT?!"

-We woke up to 5-6 inches of snow Monday morning. Not too shabby for the first snowfall of the season. I'm still a rookie at this winter thing as evidenced by the thirty minutes we spent searching for snow pants. One pair disappearing I could understand. Four giant, fluffy, pairs of snow pants should be easy to spot.

-Still. No. Orders. Sean graduates in 17 days and we're supposed to close on the house in 27. It'll all work out, but the stress level in this house...

-Simon will be twelve in one month. From today. We have a pretty fantastic birthday present in mind, but I don't want to order it without having an address. Same goes for Christmas presents. It's going to be strange not decorating or having a tree this year.

-Sean has this habit of picking tasks to accomplish right as we're about to leave the house. It makes me INSANE. For some reason, this toy has been on his radar. It needed new batteries. We discussed it more times than was necessary for weeks. I finally bought batteries. I had not even driven the batteries home before Sean had called, "Don't worry about batteries, I got some."

So in go his set of batteries and the thing doesn't work. Aha! I didn't waste money on batteries! In go my batteries, it still doesn't work. Then he starts to tinker.
Forty minutes later, it still didn't work. He mentioned "jumping" it with a 9volt battery as it only calls for 6 volts. Titus was very, very intrigued at the thought. 
In the end, it had to go. No amount of tinkering could bring the toy back to life. At least some memories were made in the attempted fixing.

-Jude is talking up a storm.
Cow
Moo
Dog/Goggie
URFURF
Daddy/Dad
Mommy/Mom
Simon
Titus
Who's that
Gimme that
Here ya go
Socks
Shoes
Blue
Green
Yellow
Car
Beep
Ready, go!
Yeah
No
Milk
Cup
Cheese
Please
Thank you

-Sean worked all day and then came home and made dinner. A fancy dinner, at that: Eggs Benedict. I've never had Eggs Benedict or even a poached egg. I'm a fan! Hollandaise sauce might just be my new drug. On Sunday, when Sean had all the kids all day long, he made me chiffon cupcakes. I didn't even know there was such a thing. I honestly just had to look up how to spell "chiffon." When he surprised me with cakey goodness, he may have used every bowl in the house and left me with another surprise: dishes! I busted his chops a bit about that(jokingly...of course), so tonight after working all day, and cooking dinner, he also cleaned up the kitchen. I married a gem.

-I mean, really.

-His face sums up my mood lately. I'm done. He's attempting humor(bunny ears), but in his lack of enthusiasm it comes out as him giving the finger to the world. Yup. I'm done playing games. It's time to get real. I'm ready to get on with it and move into our house and hang a flippin' picture on the wall. No more moving. No more school. No more stupidstupidstupid excuses as to why nothing can ever just be easy. All of the negativity is aimed at the chaos that is moving within this asinine system. 


I think that makes ten!

No comments: