Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Ten on Tuesday

1)It's finally happened after nine years of sibling hood; one child told another that he was adopted.

2)If you haven't seen The Impossible, do. I'm a sucker for "based on true stories" and this one was well done in every aspect. Prepare to sob and never want to visit Thailand. It is very graphic and realistic and there's one full on, but brief, gnarled boob shot showing an injury.

3)We will soon be reunited with Mack.

4)I caught my son researching drugs. Luckily, they're anesthesia related. Following in Pop's footsteps. He even made a lego Lidocaine syringe and I'm pretty flipping impressed.

5)In case you were wondering, there are still people out there that value marriage and the covenant made between themselves and God. I told Sean the other day, "Our marriage is more about my relationship with God than about my relationship with you." That realization has saved his life on an occasion or two.

6)I love old people. I just do. Our society seems to handle old folks like Jim Carrey in Dumb and Dumber. You know the scene...I love soaking up the wisdom and knowledge of people who have done life successfully and care to invest what they know in people younger than themselves.

7)I heard a song the other day (that must be popular as I heard it five times in two hours) about a future husband. I don't know who sings it, but as I listened to the words, I thought, "This is everything that's wrong with marriage/the perception of marriage/women/men/America."

8)Speaking of which, this is a big country. There are lots of talented singers out there. Why do they only play five artists repeatedly? Do radio stations make money off certain songs and how many times they play it in a day? It's ridiculous. Add in the cheesy radio personalities and it's enough to make me want to subscribe to XM.

9)He has been clipping the chest strap with an, "I got it," lately. I snapped a picture because he sticks his tongue out when he's concentrating. I missed getting his tongue in the shot, but it immediately sent me back to what doesn't seem that long ago. The carseat swallowed him. Excuse me while I cry into the keyboard. 


10)I'm white, but I'm not racist.
     I'm a Christian, but I'm not a homophobe.
     When did equality take on so many meanings?
     Why is it that when one group gains, another group loses? That's not equality.
     Why is tolerance a one way street?
   
   

1 comment:

Corey said...

#5 this is the most brilliant thing i've heard in a long time and i wish more people would realize what marriage is. seems like divorce is all around me lately…close friends and family. i really wish people wouldn't just toss marriage around like it's nothing.
#8 i love my XM radio! but I listen to mostly oldies, or Dr Laura
#10 EXACTLY!