Monday, April 06, 2015

Visitors.

March-April has been a busy month for Amps Hotel. It's more of a hostel, really. 

Jeff, Rhonda & Kirby came for a visit. They're on their way to the other side of the country. I'm so glad we were able to squeeze in one more visit before they move. I don't even want to think about the distance between Virginia and Washington right now, so I'll post pictures instead. I do know that we'll see each other again soon. They have a life changing event coming soon that I wouldn't miss for the world. 


Usually we're better about taking real pictures, but it was a quick overnighter. Although, I did take enough shots with Rhonda's Nikon to question my brand loyalty to Canon. Did any of them turn out, Friend?

The following weekend Ms. Beff came to visit. If was freezing, but we managed to show her our favorite local haunts. 
Then she and I hit the big city for the weekend. D.C. with zero children for two and a half days. It was a much(muuuuuuuuuuuuuch) needed get away. We got to do things like Uber and eat hot meals and just...relax. We ate at fancy restaurants and essential cup cake shops.   



 It was such a great weekend. We saw and did and ate and talked so much. I can't wait to do it again. Seattle 2016?

The day after I got home from DC, we were the Spring Break destination of our OH BFFs. We've never been a Spring Break destination before. We're basically Daytona Beach. Considering eight children were in tow, I'd say we did a ton.
 Yorktown.




 Ice Cream. Twice.

 The beach. 




 Dinner at a fancy restaurant that sane people would never take children to. 
 
 Williamsburg. 
 We had some good talks in the kitchen nook while the six big kids worked on a fort. 

 And played one epic game of poker in which the men lost. MEN LOST. 
I lost, too, but that's a moot point. I went out with a bang. 
It's still strange to me that people want to visit us. I mean, just to see us. We have had so much fun showing people our home and our town and our ice cream shop and our beach. Having outsiders come in has shown me what an opportunity we have here and just how awesome our own little slice of paradise is.
Now, if we could just figure out how to not be heartbroken when people leave, we'd be set. 

Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Dave, and Aunt Marti are on deck for next weekend! The Daffodil Festival + Tito's birthday will make for some good times. 

Who's coming to visit next??????

4 comments:

kimrairdon said...

We want to come!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

How splendid!! You got some really good pics too! Love, Christine

Brown English Muffin said...

this last set of posts have been like good books that never end.

Corey said...

You could feel the joy in all those pics!
I want to come that way so bad. I think my family would love it. I just wish it didn't cost so much to fly across the country!