Monday, July 13, 2015

Blog July13


That's my jam!

Suddenly words are falling out of my face before I have time to stop them. I kinda like it. It's a liberating feeling. It's freeing knowing truth is on your side.

You can stand me up at the gates of hell and I won't back down. Isn't that where we as Christians should be standing? At the gates of hell, fighting for Truth? Hoping, praying, fighting for the souls of those we love? Live and let live isn't working. Minding our own business isn't healing our nation. Letting "those who were called to preach" do the work...it's not what Jesus told His disciples to do. We were all called to preach. Sharing the Gospel is not a gift of the Spirit, it's a command.

To keep with the theme of my two previous posts, let me just go ahead and apologize in advance if the truth hurts your feelings. This is my space and I have the right to say what I want. I also have to be willing to accept whatever backlash I get. I'm okay with that. I won't back down.

I was thinking about this situation that just won't go away. A situation in which one person is dead wrong in their actions. I've noticed something about Christians who want to dive into a lifestyle of sin. Their conscience is steady convicting them, yet they want to convince themselves and everyone else that they're fine. They're trading truth for a lie and trying to get everyone around them to support their agenda and poor choices. When people start questioning their choices they start swinging. "You don't understand!" If that doesn't work, "You're judging me!" If that doesn't work, "You're hateful!" If that doesn't work they cut you completely out of their life.

The problem with cutting people who disagree with you out of your life is that, one day, you're going to look up and be all alone. People catch on to your manipulative ways and eventually have enough. Enough of the lying, enough of the manipulation, enough of the craziness. They will grow a backbone, find some self worth, and leave you to self destruct. They will see right through you.

And what then? When you've destroyed everything. What happens when you've destroyed the reputation of your spouse with lies? What happens when you've destroyed your children's image of their parent? Half of who created them, half of who they look like and act like and think like. The other half of their parents whom they love instinctively, just as they love you. You put them in a position of having to choose and that is evil.

That's not protecting your children. That's not teaching your children to love(which keeps no record of wrongs). That's not teaching your child to forgive(forgive one another, as God in Christ forgave you). What is the end goal? What happens when that child figures out you've been lying to them all along? What happens when that child decides you're wrong, yet they have no other parent to run to because you've severed that relationship. You've created a void and confusion and chaos. 

Maybe I'll quit harping on divorce soon. It's just heavy on my heart as I'm witnessing the destruction of so many families around me. All the other big issues seem to be covered via Facebook warfare. 

The thing is, I don't care about 50cent. I don't care about sports. I don't care what government issue is destroying our country today, because there's nothing I can say that will change any of that. But I do have a small audience here. It seems when I piss people off, more people read what I have to say. If I can get one husband or one wife out there to reconsider, I've done what I set out to do. Even if nobody changes their mind and every person I know ends up divorced, I've still done what I set out to do. I'm just writing what's in my "hardened"(in quotes, wasn't me who said it) heart. Yes, my heart is completely hardened towards sin and I won't stop speaking about it. I won't back down. 

1 comment:

Jude said...

false compliments are easy to dole out. they require little from us. real truth in love asks us to walk through the hard times with others and to allow others to get in our business and neither side of that is easy, but it brings a deeper relationship, ultimately. a friend (or spouse) who is willing to walk through your hard stuff, and speak the truth in love... that is costly, and hard, and messy... but much more rewarding in the long run...