Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Blog July21

Today I took seven pre-teens and teenagers to a theme park. I somehow turned into the old lady holding all the bags and wet socks. I'm thankful I was surrounded by such great, great kids. Really, it's not something I take for granted.

I rode one roller coaster. My niece said, "At one point, I thought you were crying." I don't think roller coasters are fun. I think roller coasters are scary as crap and there's nothing fun about feeling vomitous. Thankfully, I have one child that feels the same way and bailed me out of several scary rides. Said child looked up "deadly roller coasters" on youtube to mentally prepare for this trip. When trying to coax him onto one mild coaster he said, "It's not worth my life."


I high fived him in agreement and we went for a frozen lemonade instead. Turns out, frozen lemonade is $7. I didn't have the best attitude about the financials of theme parks.



He and I did spend a good amount of time on the milder attractions. We talked the suicidal ones into a whirl on the teacups before a thunderstorm shut down the park. Our group got the last two cups of the round and I somehow ended up in the teacup with the two biggest teenagers. I assumed they had some form of bolt between the saucer and the cup that would limit how fast liquid vessels could spin. You know what they say about people who assume. I thought my head was going to separate from my body. I have never laughed so hard in my life. I'm pretty sure the ride operator kept the ride going simply to see how long it would take me to barf.

Thankfully, all I had in my belly was an overpriced, road-salted pretzel.

As it turns out, they shut down the trams if they shut down the park. Our awesome parking spot upon arriving happened to be on the second row...at the entrance. When leaving, that winds up being the next to the last row. I am so thankful I didn't have any hot, tired little ones with me!

1 comment:

Tracy Stanton said...

Okay I have to commiserate with you. I hate rides of any kind and Mr Anxiety Jackson has to work himself up to enjoy any ride! Once he conquers his fear usually the second day then he will go on the ride 5 times in a row! Who is your anxiety child?