Thursday, July 23, 2015

Blog July22

I'm getting my days all botched up and mashed together. My mom, niece, and nephew have been in town and we've been having too much fun to blog.

After a date didn't end well a few nights ago, I decided to get myself spit shined and see if my groom would take me out again. Grandma was still in town and the teenagers owed her big time for the trip to Busch Gardens. They cooked dinner and we slipped out to our favorite place.
I finally told him what had been bugging me from our previous date. As I said it all out loud I felt a bit foolish. I don't have a problem talking about big issues, but for some reason, I can't always articulate why I'm still so sad. Ninety percent of the time, I'm perfectly fine, but every once in a while something triggers a thought...

I kept it together pretty well on this date. We had two tables around us ruining the atmosphere. This restaurant is on the rivah. It's supposed to be calm and peaceful. One table was a business meeting of some sort and this one guy would not stop laughing. He laughed obnoxiously about e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g. All the women at the table were talking loudly. I don't know if they were tipsy or just loudmouth Rivah folk. They wanted everybody to know their business and it wasn't even interesting business.

*unless she's a loudmouth

The other table was four men. They were all drinking heavily and portrayed themselves as more important than I assume they actually were. They were being a-holes to the waitress. They were all badmouthing their neighbors and wives and all I could think was, "Have some manners!" And also, "No wonder old people eat early."

Next time, we dine at 4.


No comments: