Thursday, July 23, 2015

Blog July23

Gifts from the heart. I like getting them and I like giving them. I received this necklace earlier in the month from a friend. The thought behind it means more to me than anything in the world. I texted her: 

"I love my necklace. It's absolutely perfect. I've been catching myself playing with the heart whenever I think about the baby. It's nice to have something tangible to remember her by. And you are absolutely the greatest friend ever for knowing just what I need, even when I didn't know I needed it. 

I would've liked to have saved all those words for an appropriate thank you note, but I didn't want to forget the thought I'm thinking at this exact moment." 
 Rest assured, I did send a proper thank you along with her belated house warming present. Every quilt is supposed to have a story and this one carries the story of the time one of my dearest friends bought her first house. 
 It also happens to be the first quilt I've ever made that went according to plan. There was so little bunching during the quilting process that I shocked myself. It's definitely not perfect, but it has a story and I happen to be quite proud of it. 
Just as I am of my sweet friend whose new house I can't wait to see!!

No comments: