Saturday, July 04, 2015

Blog July4

Photo overload. 

A rainbow between the clouds...
 A boy looking way, way too old all the sudden...

 A boy running laps around his big brothers...

 Waiting on the fireworks that we'd talked up all day long. Hoping the sparklers will help the wait...
 I can't get them to look at the camera when their are boatsboatsboats over my shoulder...


Somewhere in the mix of kids and sparklers and emotions, I wanted to break out in "My Country Tis of Thee," but I kept myself in check. No singing was done...out loud. My heart burst with thankfulness that we somehow won the lottery of countries. We get to live in the greatest country ever conceived. The most unique of them all in cultures and traditions and, mostly, freedoms. 
When I take a break from the Facebook warfare and the epidemic of stupid and political agendas and distractions of NOTHINGNESS, we're left with something that is pretty danged amazing at it's core. When I step out of the worry of what this country is crumbling into and I wonder what our children will be left to sweep up, I see this land where we are still free to have a prayer before our bar-b-que and rich enough to spend money on things to light on fire.

So, yeah, I kept my patriotic singing in my head, but the thought was there. The emotion, the heart...it's there. If I could get my vocal chords in line with the rest of all that's going on in me, I'd be unstoppable, I tell you.


About the time the sparklers fizzled out, we heard from some rivah people(yes, they call themselves that. They get a Rivah house and rivah clothes and a rivah personality) that Yorktown had cancelled the show due to weather.

The dads and the boys went into fix-it mode and we had our own little fireworks display before the rain started. Between that and the family time and the just hanging out...it was the best 4th ever.


No comments: