Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Noise.

After making cookies late last night-to avoid drunkenness and running off to join the circus-Titus wandered down seeking cures for a headache. I'm certain he was completely exhausted, but I gave him a dose of Tylenol anyway. He silently sidled up to the counter where the cookies were cooling and gave them a sideways glance and a grin.

"Nope. You already brushed your teeth." -me
"Well...I just had medicine and I'm sure it had sugar in it, so..."-him
<sigh>"Here's a cookie for having a good argument."-me

I don't like it when my kids outsmart me, but I'm typically pretty fair about it.

-----
Overheard:

"You're being nice. Why are you being so nice?" Titus, to Jude.

He's right to be wary.

-----

"Oh, hi, Gra-ppa. You buy a house? You buy a big house!"-Jude, into his play phone.

-----

raptor noises, constant raptor noise

-----

Titus had a nerf gun. Felix was holding him back by his shirt and suddenly let go, causing Titus to trip and fall. "That's it! I'm SHOOTING HIM!"-Titus, aimed at Felix.

-----

"GIMME! IT!"-Same nerf gun. Cocked by Titus, shot by Jude with impressive aim. He got both big kids in the back as they were trying to do school.

-----

"Get dressed."-me, 18,000,000 times a day
"Pick up your socks."-me, also 18,000,000 times a day
"Put your shoes in the closet!"-me, 18,000,001 times a day

-----

"JUUUUUUUDE!"-said by all, all day long, every single day.

-----

"Put you wiener dog back in your pants!"-Not sure who said it, but it was aimed at, you guessed it, Sean. Just kidding. It was aimed at Jude.

-----

"I need sup-tin."-Jude, usually tugging on the fridge or pantry door.

-----

"Mommy, come back. Hold my hand."-Jude, after 14 stalls at bedtime. And I cave at least 90% of the time.

-----

Amidst all the noise and chaos and boy and fighting, there is always an undercurrent of love.

1 comment:

mommabear said...

I love this picture! Isn't it awesome to catch the sweetness between them?!